• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    Map of all the sunken Japanese ships during World War II.

20240218_204156.jpg

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    In 1978, I was looking to replace a gas-guzzling F150, & learned from the Dodge salesman that the Aspen was nicer than its sister, the Ply. Volare. As an example, he made me aware that the Aspen had ball bearings "powering" the front dash ash tray, while the Volare did not.

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    In 1978, I was looking to replace a gas-guzzling F150, & learned from the Dodge salesman that the Aspen was nicer than its sister, the Ply. Volare. As an example, he made me aware that the Aspen had ball bearings "powering" the front dash ash tray, while the Volare did not.
    Them "ball bearings"?

Them wuz "piston slap".... :roflfunny:

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

A catchy song has had several “revivals” throughout much of the 20th Century.

”Hang on Sloopy” was a 1960’s revision of an earlier song which lamented the troubles of a REAL Jazz singer & musician, Dorothy Sloop “Sloopy” Heflick.

She was the heroine of all versions; died around 1990.

The song was never about a dog or a cartoon.

<>

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    John Banner 1910-73 best known as Sgt Schutlz on HOGANS HEROES. He was an Austrian-Jew who immigrated to the US after Hitler annexed Austria and served in the US Army Air Corp during WW II. "I Know Nothing"

20240224_184725.jpg
    20240224_184726.jpg

Werner Klemperer Col Klink
    John Banner Sgt Schultz
    Leon Askin Gen Burkhalter
    Were all Jewish & escaped before the war.

Robert Clary - Cpl LeBeau was actually a jew liberated from Buchenwald and was tattooed by the Nazis

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

My late Dad was the first non-PoW allied Officer to enter “Buchen-Wald”. Dad had been sent on a “mission” to interrogate a USAAC Colonel who had been recently shot-down & imprisoned there. The guards had fled a day earlier; gates still locked. My Dallas grandson has the 1911 Dad shot the lock off with, but the gate still wouldn’t open, so his crew pulled it down with a couple deuce-&-a-half’s. It wasn’t known as “BuchenWald” until much later, after emptied. The names “Buchen” & “Wald” were taken from the two nearby villages.

leVieux

<>

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    John Banner 1910-73 best known as Sgt Schutlz on HOGANS HEROES. He was an Austrian-Jew who immigrated to the US after Hitler annexed Austria and served in the US Army Air Corp during WW II. "I Know Nothing"

View attachment 436281 View attachment 436282

Werner Klemperer Col Klink
    John Banner Sgt Schultz
    Leon Askin Gen Burkhalter
    Were all Jewish & escaped before the war.

Robert Clary - Cpl LeBeau was actually a jew liberated from Buchenwald and was tattooed by the Nazis

Werner Klemperer had a clause added to his contract to play Col Klink. He demanded a guarantee that Klink would never become sympathetic or in any way heroic, that he would always be an incompetent buffoon and the butt of any and all jokes...or he would have walked off the show.

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    <>

A catchy song has had several “revivals” throughout much of the 20th Century.

”Hang on Sloopy” was a 1960’s revision of an earlier song which lamented the troubles of a REAL Jazz singer & musician, Dorothy Sloop “Sloopy” Heflick.

She was the heroine of all versions; died around 1990.

The song was never about a dog or a cartoon.

<>
    For some reason I always thought it was about a sailboat. Sloop "B"

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Ahh yes I see the error of my ways . I was always a beach boys fan
    <>

”Sloopy, Hang ON; Hang on Sloopy” was a roaring 20’s ballad about a young woman from the midwest who wanted to be a Jazz Singer. She went to New Orleans, had some success after difficulties; then went on to lead a normal life as a schoolteacher.

Many have mistaken it as referring to cartoon Dog “Snoopy” which it never was about.

<>

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    The Sperry Bomb sight was in use by the navy and in direct competition with the Norden Bomb sight to outfit American Bombers in WW2

The Sperry was generally better than the Norden, and many claim that the Norden only won the contract to supply bombsights for WW2 bombers due to corruption and salesmanship. However, the Sperry sights were hand crafted and assembled. They may not have been able to be manufactured fast enough to keep up with demand.

Top Bottom