• ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Yeah I have Amazon Prime but didn't get the emails or they went to my spam folder.
    I got one just today.

Screenshot_20220702-180752_Email.jpg

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    How often does a movie accurately portray the book? In the Books Jack Reacher was like 6'5" and they used Tom Cruise in the movie, just one example.

People always bring that up. I never got how it was plot relevant. Even the guy in the Amazon Prime was only 6'2"...

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    If you’ve read the books, keep in mind the author’s advice to watch the series as a different way to tell the story and not as a faithful reproduction of the book.
    I didn't realize this. I stopped watching after about 20 minutes because of the story changes. I was thinking it would be like the book. Amazon did a decent job with the Reacher series imo. Maybe I'll give terminal list another chance

Last edited:

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    I just finished the series. I also read the first four books.

As always, the movie disappoints as compared to the book, but it as Carr said, to watch it without book expectations, I thought it was pretty good.

I do agree there were too many hallucinations and flashbacks.

Interesting how they set up the next series to flow into the next book…

The SECDEF scene was a bit of a twist.

I don’t like the relationship and connection between reporter and Reece in the movie…it lost some meaning for me, but I guess there are only so many plot lines they can carry into the video version.

All in all, I give it a 7/10 and will watch the next season “True Believer” if it is made.

Last edited:

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    So I am going back and watching it again, because I usually like seeing what I missed the first go around.

I will say that there are a lot of details and themes from the book that carry forward into the series, and thats a good thing. Some things didn't jive all that well, but still, not bad. The more I drop my comparison to the book, the more I enjoy the movie.

I will say I am really glad this is an eight part series, so 8 * 45 minutes = 6 hour movie.

It was SOOOOOO much better than either American Sniper or Lone Survivor...those movies really screwed up the books, which I hated since they were both based on real life lives and events. At least Terminal List is a novel.

Again, I think it is pretty well done. Lots of little cool things. Decent gun fighting. A few things made me scratch my head but it's a movie...

Author makes a cameo appearance in the movie. That's pretty cool.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    People always bring that up. I never got how it was plot relevant. Even the guy in the Amazon Prime was only 6'2"...
    At least Alan Ritchson physically resembles Jack Reacher much closer from the books than Tom Cruise. Having read just about all the JR series of books, his size is plot relevant. JR is just a physically imposing person, simply because of his size.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Reacher#Demeanor_and_personalityI'm guessing it's because the books make it a point to emphasize his size. So you're looking for that in Reacher on screen.

Exactly. JR's size and physical stature are are key characteristics in the books. Tom Cruise lacks that IMO.

Tom Cruise also from my understanding, bought the movie rights for several of Lee Child's books.

Top Bottom