• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tedwitt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Magnolia, Texas
    Lake Conroe at Margaritaville, January 13-14,2024.
    $20.00 per person at the door. Plenty of free parking according to the advertisement on Directv.
    Venture Surplus ad

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Lake Conroe at Margaritaville, January 13-14,2024.
    $20.00 per person at the door. Plenty of free parking according to the advertisement on Directv.
    Sienfield good luck will all that gif.gif

Two Gun Bob

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 28, 2022
    DFW
    That was what Frisco charged. I don't know if that included parking or not, we chose TMS instead that day it was $10 and free parking, plus you could watch the time trials for whatever SCCA event was happening.

Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    This is a BOAT-IN gun show. You can lose 'em on your way home !

Texas Gun Show​

Texas' Only "Boat-In" Gun Show​

Texas Gun Show at Margaritaville Lake Resort​

Saturday & Sunday, January 13-14, 2024

The Conference Center at Margaritaville Lake Resort Lake Conroe | Houston

Admission: $20 per person (Saturday tickets good for Sunday Admission also) | All tickets purchased at the door

Saturday | 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Sunday | 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    The $20 question is how big is the show?
    Now if it was a 3000+ table show, $20 wouldn't be bad for both days.
    If it's under 500 tables, not worth the drive.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    $20.00?

If that includes a double meat/cheeseburger and fries...if not, you won't see me paying a cover charge for that amount for a gun show where I'll enjoy the privilege of seeing a lot of chinese el cheapo knives and moldy old knick knacks and over priced ammo.

Last edited:

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    There's a competing gun show (High Caliber) at the Lone Star Convention Center on the same weekend for $10. Less than 30 minutes apart.

You can go to both of them, see the same caliber of gypsies, thieves, and self-anointed firearms experts, along with every purse, jewelry, eye-glass cleaning, and homemade jerky vendor in SE Texas. Afterwards you can kick yourself in the butt and swear you'll skin yourself alive before you'll ever do that again.

And us old timers will regale you with stories about how we remember when you could go to a gun show and get a couple of vendors competing over the price of a gun so that we ended up with an actual bargain, and how we used to buy bulk ammo there and it was cheap.

If you're at Lone Star, look for my old friend Stan Buzek selling his knives at the back. He makes beautiful knives and has won a number of awards at knife shows.

I like to find those dealers that never look up from playing on their phones and then ask them stupid questions. "Do you have a Glock with a nickel finish all over it?" "I have my granddad's old Luger he got during the war. He said he paid a guy $50 for it. Do you think I could get that much for it if I sell it here?" "My neighbor said he bought a nine-and-a-half caliber pistol here last year. Do you know which table is selling them?" "Can you show me how to make a silencer from a Coke bottle?"

Top Bottom