North Texas
    BB1j4rF8.jpg

thescoutranch

TN Transplant - We love living in TX
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    So, if you remember, Otto had surgery three weeks ago after swallowing an arm from a toy. This Wednesday I got a call that my brother is being taken to the hospital by ambulance for a stroke, so I called the wife to tell her to come home to watch the dogs and I head to the ER to meet my sister-in-law. ( my brother is doing much better, but he will be in rehab for three weeks. )

My wife gets home and lets Otto outside, and he promptly goes into the pool, which he is not allowed to do because of the incision. . My wife promptly goes into the pool to get him out while wearing her shoes and socks.

She takes off her shoes and socks to let them dry outside in the sun, and when she wasn’t looking, one of them disappeared.

We were not certain that he had taken it, but we suspected it. Sure enough a trip to the pet ER Saturday when he started showing signs of not feeling well , confirmed he ate the damn sock!

If he had not passed it by this morning, they were going to have to go and do surgery again. Very fortunately this morning as we’re getting ready to get in the car, he pooped it out! It might sound weird, but I’ve never been so happy to see a poop in my life.

(if this ends up in the OOC thread, shame on you! :laughing: )
    IMG_6303.jpeg

Thank you, Lord.

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    Got home this evening after being tied up at work for around 12 hrs.

Tired and didn't want to do much...figured it would be a short walk with a good buddy this evening......

But once we started walking all the bull**** noise that, if not careful, can drown out life got silenced... Ended up taking a little 2 hour hike with her.

Classify these as good times.

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    The dogs will be upset for a few days as my wife's brother died a week ago and we'll we be away for the funeral. They'll be able to go in and out thru the dog door and a neighbor will see that they have fresh water and food.

My sympathy for your loss.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Got home this evening after being tied up at work for around 12 hrs.

Tired and didn't want to do much...figured it would be a short walk with a good buddy this evening......

But once we started walking all the bull**** noise that, if not careful, can drown out life got silenced... Ended up taking a little 2 hour hike with her.

Classify these as good times.
    As long as one of y'all can coax the other forward, these are the good times.

Top Bottom