• ...and so much more!
  • Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I will watch it later but my auto response is the same. The best pistol is what’s best for you’re needs that day. 9mm are my city or people guns. Then my 44 mags are for camping. Still...sometimes we can’t predict the threat level in a day.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    I will stick with what ever cal you can control and also practice with.

Jarine88

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 24, 2018
    Tomball
    I carry three pistols, depending on my attire: SA 1911 in .45ACP, Glock 19, or SA XDs in 9mm. The best one is the one on you when you need it. Yes, I train with all three.

Polished Rock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Austin Texas
    I carry 9mm for humans and 10mm for 4 legged problems. Proper bullet design is essential in either case.
    9mm because of ease and capacity. 10mm because 15 rounds of 700+ foot pounds can solve a lot of up close danger.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Let's widen this war! :green: I personally think waaay too much value and importance is placed on the ammo capacity of the handgun. I would doubt that on on this forum, in their lifetime (excluding war) anyone will ever use more than 8 to 10 rounds for a true self defense situation (should they even get involved in that type of situation). Let the wars begin! :banana:

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Let's widen this war! :green: I personally think waaay too much value and importance is placed on the ammo capacity of the handgun. I would doubt that on on this forum, in their lifetime (excluding war) anyone will ever use more than 8 to 10 rounds for a true self defense situation (should they even get involved in that type of situation). Let the wars begin! :banana:

Have it and not need it.......

Noggin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2016
    Good video. Wish he had stopped short of the assumptions and conjecture around the .410 handguns though.

I wondered about why he finished off the video that way also. Then I watched another of his videos, see below. He obviously does not like any sort of semi auto firearm (long or short) and he clearly has something of an obsession about shotgun revolvers. In particular the Raging Judge Magnum:

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    Best caliber for what?

Others touched on this, but there even more factors... who is the shooter? What is the target? (Don't use the same caliber for snakes as you do for crackheads or bears) recoil sensitive? Are you concerned about the caliber choice coming up in court? (Very real issue in some jurisdictions) even if rounds are legal, a lawyer can spin against you.

There is no single choice, carry what you prefer and don't worry about what the Jonses are carrying.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Best caliber for what?

Others touched on this, but there even more factors... who is the shooter? What is the target? (Don't use the same caliber for snakes as you do for crackheads or bears) recoil sensitive? Are you concerned about the caliber choice coming up in court? (Very real issue in some jurisdictions) even if rounds are legal, a lawyer can spin against you.

There is no single choice, carry what you prefer and don't worry about what the Jonses are carrying.
    I agree with you for the most part. Attorneys can and will spin anything if it's to their advantage. Doesn't mean it will influence judge or jury and the defense attorney as well as the prosecutor will spin things. If one is concerned that an attorney will spin something, that's going to be a problem. That's what they are paid to do!

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    What I'd like to see researched is most popular calibers in states with mag capacity limits...

If I'm limited by the state to 8 or 10 rounds, I'm going to choose a powerful caliber that may be limited to that capacity anyway... or a NY reload.

Top Bottom