• ...and so much more!
  • Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    .45-70

No I can't get a 240 that fast in a .45 ACP. But finding that particular .45 Colt ammo isn't easy either.

There is a handgun that chambers 45-70, but it’s still not a handgun round. Finding Buffalo Bore is very easy. You may wait a few days but it’s easy to find. It’s also very easy to roll your own. Just has to be in a Ruger or equally strong handgun and follow the manuals. If proper protocols are followed the 45 Colt out performs the 44 Mag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Venture Surplus ad

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    There is a handgun that chambers 45-70, but it’s still not a handgun round. Finding Buffalo Bore is very easy. You may wait a few days but it’s easy to find. It’s also very easy to roll your own. Just has to be in a Ruger or equally strong handgun and follow the manuals. If proper protocols are followed the 45 Colt out performs the 44 Mag.

This ^^^^^

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    I carry a 45 because it kills harder. Capacity arguments are moot
    3fc3d90678a1b2dd37e9a2f1191244f5.jpg

Sent from my SIG Sauer

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County

Put the same ammo, Buffalo Bore, in a 44 mag and then see who is better. Or just get a S&W 460 mag. 360 gr @ 1900 FPS.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    And a 460Mag will chamber 45 Colt.... plus 454 casull.
    Plus the .45 Cowboy/.45 Special.

Plus, if your chamber/extractor dimensions are just a tad on the generous side (most are), the .45 Schofield.

I wonder how many more? :)

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    and the anemic .45acp if you’re using moonclips
    And 45 Super, 460 Rowland and 45 Raptor if we're talking moonclips... (leave it to moonpie to bring up moonclips)

Just in case someone is interested the guy I bought the 44 from said he had a PC 460 that would probably be for sale soon. No barrel length or price mentioned.
    Probably out of my price range, but I would be interested... I've drooled over them before.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    And 45 Super, 460 Rowland and 45 Raptor if we're talking moonclips...
    Yeah, then I guess .45 Win Mag enters the picture.

We're beginning to get into Medusa revolver territory, here. That thing could shoot some 40+ different rounds, iirc.

ETA - I did some research. The Medusa could officially shoot ~25 cartridges. According to Ian at Forgotten Weapons, it can technically shoot 100+ different cartridges.

Nope, no .460 S&W actually approaches Medusa versatility. Versatile, yes, but not that versatile.

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Yeah, then I guess .45 Win Mag enters the picture.

We're beginning to get into Medusa revolver territory, here. That thing could shoot some 40+ different rounds, iirc.

ETA - I did some research. The Medusa could officially shoot ~25 cartridges. According to Ian at Forgotten Weapons, it can technically shoot 100+ different cartridges.

Nope, no .460 S&W actually approaches Medusa versatility. Versatile, yes, but not that versatile.

I did a little bit of reading on the 460 Mag and it's interesting. With reloads Magnum Rifle Primers are used as the chamber pressure can reach 65,000 PSI. That's magnum rifle territory. I don't know if I would want to shoot a full power load. Said to be 4 times the recoil of a 44 mag. That's almost "Hold my beer and watch this" territory.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I don't know if I would want to shoot a full power load.
    You've never seen Sugar Land load his .460 and his .500, each with full-house Buffalo Bore ammo, then shoot them both simultaneously, one in each hand, have you? It's something to see.

Anybody still know where to find that video on YT?

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    You've never seen Sugar Land load his .460 and his .500, each with full-house Buffalo Bore ammo, then shoot them both simultaneously, one in each hand, have you? It's something to see.

Anybody still know where to find that video on YT?
    I didn't find it, but looking for it brought up some fun videos and memories.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I think there's more than one video online. The one I like is when he's at American Shooting Center in Houston and he set off all the car alarms in the parking lot. :)

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1qwerty
    Top Bottom