• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    so your whole plan hangs on the hope that there will be some red wave in November? Would you like to list some of the examples of the great things that were accomplished in 2017-18 with the solid Republican majority and the great house speaker they voted in?

Your strategy isn’t working. It’s time to stop making excuses and expect them to do their jobs. The enthusiasm that exists for doing nothing in the Republican Party needs to come to an end.
    <>

Your points are all valid and well-taken.

This is the exact same discussion we are having in our State, in the Trans-Sabine.

Still seeking a solution.

If the RINOS and all the demons get re-elected, it should be a clear sign that no political solution is possible; and we’d have to consider a
    ‘’plan-B’’.

We now realize that many people are just plain STUPID or mean or both.

leVieux

<>

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    For all those who want to fire every speaker and are Trump fans.

"Trump, who addressed the crowd at his Mar-a-Lago resort Saturday, spoke by phone with Greene this past week to express his disapproval for her efforts to oust Johnson, according to people familiar with the conversation. Trump told her that such a move risked destabilizing the party ahead of his rematch with President Biden this fall, these people said."

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    For all those who want to fire every speaker and are Trump fans.

"Trump, who addressed the crowd at his Mar-a-Lago resort Saturday, spoke by phone with Greene this past week to express his disapproval for her efforts to oust Johnson, according to people familiar with the conversation. Trump told her that such a move risked destabilizing the party ahead of his rematch with President Biden this fall, these people said."
    Who cares what Trump said? Johnson voted in favor of fisa which, was used to illegally spy on Trump. As I have said in the past here, Trump is incredibly bad at figuring out who is on his side and who isn’t.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Who cares what Trump said? Johnson voted in favor of fisa which, was used to illegally spy on Trump. As I have said in the past here, Trump is incredibly bad at figuring out who is on his side and who isn’t.
    Straw man.

Trump never said if Johnson was good or bad. Just that this is not the time. Read it again.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Of those with potential to ascend (that means rise) to the position of SOTH, who wouldn't have voted for FISA? Fisa passed with 60% of the vote... it wasn't what I would call a party line vote.

What has changed in the house that we would get a Jordan vs a Jeffery? The house tried to vote in Jordan, but it failed. Like I said, betting the farm when the cards are on the table and you have a weak hand is just plain foolish. Give our conservative house members a chance to campaign and get reelected because if we lose our NARROW majority it will mean YEARS of an enemy as the SOTH actively working to destroy our nation VS living a friend for a few months, even if they make a decision I disagree with from time to time.

Yall're like the guy that buys some really good tires, then runs over a train spike and flats. Then, without realizing you would have had 10 flats with any other tire and any other tire would have punctured on the train spike you swear off ever buy that brand again...

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    Of those with potential to ascend (that means rise) to the position of SOTH, who wouldn't have voted for FISA? Fisa passed with 60% of the vote... it wasn't what I would call a party line vote.

What has changed in the house that we would get a Jordan vs a Jeffery? The house tried to vote in Jordan, but it failed. Like I said, betting the farm when the cards are on the table and you have a weak hand is just plain foolish. Give our conservative house members a chance to campaign and get reelected because if we lose our NARROW majority it will mean YEARS of an enemy as the SOTH actively working to destroy our nation VS living a friend for a few months, even if they make a decision I disagree with from time to time.

Yall're like the guy that buys some really good tires, then runs over a train spike and flats. Then, without realizing you would have had 10 flats with any other tire and any other tire would have punctured on the train spike you swear off ever buy that brand again...

So no examples of how great the house/speaker did when the republicans held 236 seats?

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    A true Freedom Caucus Conservative does not have...........and will not have......... the votes to win Speaker, period. Not currently and absolutely not before the election, so why FAFO?

So we end up with just another milk toast Speaker ........and will still be unhappy.......what would be gained? Will it help us win the election?

We keep banging our head and decide to put on a helmet instead of stop banging our head...

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    A true Freedom Caucus Conservative does not have...........and will not have......... the votes to win Speaker, period. Not currently and absolutely not before the election, so why FAFO?

So we end up with just another milk toast Speaker ........and will still be unhappy.......what would be gained? Will it help us win the election?

We keep banging our head and decide to put on a helmet instead of stop banging our head...
    what will be the excuse after the election? Dems would never settle the way republicans do, and that’s why they are successful.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    what will be the excuse after the election? Dems would never settle the way republicans do, and that’s why they are successful.
    After the election isn't guaranteed either. If post election the margin of majority is 5-8 it may still be too risky depending on who gets elected or reelected.

We too need to play the long game and not do something that *might* be 2% better now, but seriously endangers preserving our majority several months from now. We need to work with Johnson in place, grow the votes, then decide if someone significantly better than Johnson should be put in place.

Iowashooter

Bitter Clinger
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2024
    Iowa
    Major surgery is required in Congress… cut away the infected parts

IMG_7743.gif

Johnny Diamond

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2022
    US
    After the election isn't guaranteed either. If post election the margin of majority is 5-8 it may still be too risky depending on who gets elected or reelected.

We too need to play the long game and not do something that *might* be 2% better now, but seriously endangers preserving our majority several months from now. We need to work with Johnson in place, grow the votes, then decide if someone significantly better than Johnson should be put in place.

Much as it sucks, that's right.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US

What are republicans so busy doing right now?there is always an excuse. Either they are the minority party, or they need more of a majority. Never results. Your excuses are like someone saying that that they are going to go on a diet, but not until next year, so they might as well get as fat as possible until then.

if you want to play the long game then you can start by not making excuses for why it makes sense to have a speaker who will undermine it.

Top Bottom