• ...and so much more!
  • paknheat

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Texas, Somewhere near Palestine
    4d50822800205932fc4173f7f6bee3a8.jpg

Weather cooperates for me today. Got a lot of yard work done when I got back from the dr office. So I had a chance to chill & watch the eclipse.
    It freaked the chickens out a bit.

Rain didn’t hit here until after 5 this afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Nice.

The clouds made it more interesting.
    The clouds made it hard to get sharp photos. There were some sun spots I was trying to get good shots of, but it was like trying to shoot through a diffusor. The clouds were also making the exposure very inconsistent so every photo was too dark or overexposed. About the best I could do is below.

The clouds did look really cool in video, tho so I just scrapped taking pictures and switched to that ;)

1712632385794.png

I think my favorite part was that solar flare popping out at about 5 o'clock during totality.

1712632601028.png

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Definitely got a lot darker at my house. My dog was looking around trying to figure out what she slept through. And not a peep from the birds.

Last edited:

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Unfortunately, the cloud cover prevented us in Helotes from seeing it thus rendering my $1.99 solar eclipse glasses useless!

But the three minutes transition to total darkness and back was a huge hit in my neighborhood!

I now understand how such events freaked out the Mayans!

In their culture, every evening the sun god, Kinich Ahau, made the perilous journey through Xibalba, the Maya underworld, to be born anew at sunrise. Solar eclipses were seen as a “broken sun”—a sign of possible cataclysmic destruction!
    30_f.png
    30_f.png
    30_f.png

TheDan

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Is it a coincidence that the moon just happens to be the exact size needed to just exactly cover the sun?
    Sometimes it isn't, tho. Last year we had an annular eclipse which is when the moon appears slightly smaller than the sun. Annular eclipses are much more common. The moon is also slowly drifting away from earth so as the eons go by total eclipses will get more and more rare.

TheDan

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Was dark enough some of the chickens went in their coop
    My ducks seemed completely unfazed by it. Could have been because I was outside, tho. They usually only put themselves up if I'm inside when it gets dark. Otherwise they are content to keep chasing bugs at night if I'm out in the yard.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Family and I traveled to Brady to see it. 3hr drive. Pretty country down that way. Happy we did it. My 10yr old was astonished by it and my wife totally freaked out and got some really good pictures. It was a good day. It was actually a very emotional experience being there and seeing it with my family.

God's creation and power always leaves me in wonder.

IMG_6133[1].JPG
    IMG_6132[1].JPG
    IMG_6145[1].JPG
    IMG_6146[1].JPG
    IMG_4293[1].JPG

Top Bottom