• ...and so much more!
  • SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    In early 1967 I used to turn the TV off at night after they lowered the flag. We only had 3 stations. Two of my friends had already dropped out of school to join the Marines and go fight in Vietnam, and despite our arguing kept saying, " our country needs us now". They were both KIA along the DMZ latter 1967. I followed them into the Marines after graduating May 1967. From October until Nov 1968 I was in the area they had died in and knew from the start this was a big sham war before I knew what the word "sham" meant. Was so obvious to even us uneducated grunts a war to enrich "the great industrial military complex" that President Eisenhower had warned us about. Haven't you noticed all the wars we've been involved in since the end of WWII, as he predicted.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    In early 1967 I used to turn the TV off at night after they lowered the flag. We only had 3 stations. Two of my friends had already dropped out of school to join the Marines and go fight in Vietnam, and despite our arguing kept saying, " our country needs us now". They were both KIA along the DMZ latter 1967. I followed them into the Marines after graduating May 1967. From October until Nov 1968 I was in the area they had died in and knew from the start this was a big sham war before I knew what the word "sham" meant. Was so obvious to even us uneducated grunts a war to enrich "the great industrial military complex" that President Eisenhower had warned us about. Haven't you noticed all the wars we've been involved in since the end of WWII, as he predicted.

<>

I’m 80, was still in Med School then. Several friends were drafted, none died in ‘Nam, but some were seriously injured.

My draft board had given me a “deferral’’, which I never asked for or wanted. I & a young Surgeon, both Sons of WWII USAAC (USAF) Officers, drove up to S.A to the AF SG’s Office and tried to voluntarily enlist Spring ‘70. They refused; the Adjutant Major told us: “Go home & wait; if we need you, we’ll just draft you!”

So I joined a US Army Reserves Hospital Unit in Houston. We were called-up 3x, all shams. For the first, I closed my business, packed w/o civvvies, & showed up to depart; only to be told: “We aren’t going; the General just wanted you Guys (Medical Officers) to come watch the Super Bowl with him.”

The other 2 sham call-up’s, I got calls from our unit’s Sergeant warning me that they weren’t real.

One of my closest friends who had been an Army S-F Sgt. in ‘Nam later died from psychotrauma from his Duty. I heard the story of how he was forced to kill a beautiful litttle 15y.o. Viet Girl in a face-to-face firefight; over-and-over. He never got over that, it finally killed him around 1989, .45ACP to head, after calling 911 for help. So damned sad.

Dad’s WWII Comrades who stayed-in were all USAF Generals by time I was a teen in the late 1950’s & early ‘60’s. I well recall them drinking w/ Dad @ Mom’s kitchen table, saying: “I could end this entire War in 2 hours, IF the politicians would quit restricting my targets!”. They hated Sen. T. Kennedy; blamed half the combat casualties on Ted.

We seem to “never learn”; yet those who blame the “troops” are badly mistaken & terribly out-of-line.

We the People must regain control over our government, no matter the cost to us.

leVieux

<>

wiredgeorge

Older than I was yesterday!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Mico TX
    From a 2009 NYT article by Bob Herbert:

“I hate war,” said Dwight Eisenhower, “as only a soldier who has lived it can, as one who has seen its brutality, its futility, its stupidity.”

He also said, “Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.”

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    From a 2009 NYT article by Bob Herbert:

“I hate war,” said Dwight Eisenhower, “as only a soldier who has lived it can, as one who has seen its brutality, its futility, its stupidity.”

He also said, “Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.”
    <>

OK

I don’t disagree w/ Ike or Mr. Herbert.

But, so what ?

<>

wiredgeorge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Mico TX
    The unattributed quote, "It's been said no one hates war more than the soldier" was perhaps taken from the quote that DDE made. Nothing more implied.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Trump, and most of America, didn't know how deep the swamp ran
    Lest ye forget, the 'purpose' of Gov is to collect taxes and distribute them to their buddies. Like that since the beginning. Anything done for the 'people' is just an err. That is why we have the Constitution we have and the swamp doesn't like it. Period!!
    Don't know how this thead got so much into the war/military stuff. Wars have good and bad leaders. The War Dept is now the State dept so you can see why everything is messed up now.
    Judge finally said the 'docs' have to be inspected by the court to verify the 'severity' and accuracy of the indictments. Plus witness list has to be public. Yea. Slight win for the 'people'.

Last edited:

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Judge finally said the 'docs' have to be inspected by the court to verify the 'severity' and accuracy of the indictments. Plus witness list has to be public. Yea. Slight win for the 'people'.
    Have you read the procedure a president has in declassifying documents? There is no severity or accuracy to these indictments.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

I don’t mean to be blasphemous, but when will we see the democrats putting a “crown of thorns” on Trump’s head ?

I’d bet I’m not the only American drawing this analogy. It may help explain his jump in ratings & donations every time the leftists add another charge or insult.

Not trying to equate Trump with JESUS CHRIST, just an analogy of the process we see unfolding.

I think it critically important that we have either a formal CRIMINAL trial of the Bidens, or an Impeachment.

Even though an impeachment would likely fail in a divided Senate; the MASSIVE EVIDENCE of Biden crimes would be shown to the American People, voters.

leVieux

<>

wiredgeorge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Mico TX

Johnny Diamond

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2022
    US
    <>

I don’t mean to be blasphemous, but when will we see the democrats putting a “crown of thorns” on Trump’s head ?

I’d bet I’m not the only American drawing this analogy. It may help explain his jump in ratings & donations every time the leftists add another charge or insult.

Not trying to equate Trump with JESUS CHRIST, just an analogy of the process we see unfolding.

I think it critically important that we have either a formal CRIMINAL trial of the Bidens, or an Impeachment.

Even though an impeachment would likely fail in a divided Senate; the MASSIVE EVIDENCE of Biden crimes would be shown to the American People, voters.

leVieux

<>
    For once I agree with you, Biden's legal defense team (entire federal government) is rather effective.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom