• ...and so much more!
  • SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    I've taken Uber a few times when necessary and a great service. My feet condition have gotten worse and almost freaked last week when trying to back my truck into a space in front of a pizza joint, the brake pedal suddenly wasn't there. I somehow limped home and truck parked since. I usually go to the range once a week, am retired and go during the week. I can't really tell by Uber's firearm policy about transporting. Even if I reduced my gear from a large bag to the hard case and put eye and safety and ammo in a 7-11 plastic bag, once they pulled up to the gun range with its large sign, would they freak? Or tell them from the start what I have? Ordering one to pick me up could present an issue when they pull up and see the sign and me holding a bag.

What is Uber's Firearm Policy —​

I spent 10 minutes navigating through page after page of safety tips on protecting everyone in the world from the Chinese COVID virus and hurt feelings. However, surprisingly, Uber's gun policy was difficult to find. After searching their help section, I came across this statement:

Uber prohibits riders and their guests, as well as driver and delivery partners, from carrying firearms of any kind while using the app, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
    Please note that the only situation where we would allow a firearm while using the app is if you are transporting your firearm in accordance with the Transportation Security Administration rules for transporting firearms and ammunition. That means your firearm must be unloaded and locked in a hard-sided container in the trunk of the vehicle. All parts, including magazines, clips, ammunition, and bolts and firing pins must also be transported in the trunk of the vehicle.
    Failure to comply with this policy may lead to account deactivation.
    Guns International

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    To the extend permitted by applicable law….

What‘s the Federal Law that pertains to carrying guns through states that have strict laws against them? Peaceable Journey Law? Would that apply in this case?

Last edited:

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    The policy you quoted does not fit 30.06/07 guidelines if you have a LTC and probably won't fit 30.05. The most they can do is deactivate your account although the driver may tell you to get out if he knows you are carrying and you would be trespassing if you didn't.

AustinBR

BayouShooter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2017
    Here and there
    The risk is that the driver sees your destination and that you've got a few bags (which likely contain guns / ammo) and decides that it's worth stealing. While they might not do it themselves, they could easily text a friend and have the car "carjacked" to have all of your stuff stolen.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County

What‘s the Federal Law that pertains to carrying guns through through states that have strict laws against them? Peaceable Journey Law? Would that apply in this case?
    This, exactly. Federal law doesn't apply, because Uber is not an airline and you're not going through a TSA checkpoint at an airport. If the car's not properly posted, and it won't be, then as long as the driver doesn't verbally request you not carry you're legally in the green. If Uber blacklists you, there are other rideshare apps. They have no legal standing to demand that you follow TSA guidelines for transporting firearms on an airliner.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I've taken Uber a few times when necessary and a great service. My feet condition have gotten worse and almost freaked last week when trying to back my truck into a space in front of a pizza joint, the brake pedal suddenly wasn't there. I somehow limped home and truck parked since. I usually go to the range once a week, am retired and go during the week. I can't really tell by Uber's firearm policy about transporting. Even if I reduced my gear from a large bag to the hard case and put eye and safety and ammo in a 7-11 plastic bag, once they pulled up to the gun range with its large sign, would they freak? Or tell them from the start what I have? Ordering one to pick me up could present an issue when they pull up and see the sign and me holding a bag.

What is Uber's Firearm Policy —​

I spent 10 minutes navigating through page after page of safety tips on protecting everyone in the world from the Chinese COVID virus and hurt feelings. However, surprisingly, Uber's gun policy was difficult to find. After searching their help section, I came across this statement:
    What part of Dallas.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    >

I believe that. . . . . . .

Every weapons use by Uber drivers and passengers has been clearly DEFENSIVE !

We must not allow corporate Attorneys/Lobbyists to negate our basic RIGHT of self-defense !

Out # tool against this is boycotts.

(BTW, I’m told that the Australian constitution & law des not recognize any “right to self-defense”.)

Straight to HELL with Uber !

leVieux

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine

What‘s the Federal Law that pertains to carrying guns through states that have strict laws against them? Peaceable Journey Law? Would that apply in this case?
    >
    Isn’t it a firearms traveler’s protection act, or something similar.?

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Like Elaine ordering Chinese food on Seinfeld. Wouldn't deliver to her apartment, so she had it delivered to across the street.
    >

Several years back, Daughter #1 & I took “Uber” to a Christmas party at a friend’s Bourbon Street address.

Couple hours later, we called-on Uber for a ride home, and were told that:

”There is no such address and we refuse to send a car!”.

I told them “Uber brought us to this address, and I’m standing here looking at the address on the building!”

Nope, refused. . . .

My ever-present police/referee’s whistle stopped a United Cab, and home we went.

Me with my .45ACP Kimber UCDP & daughter w/ her J-frame.

Merry Christmas, Y’all !

leVieux

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    I've taken lyft to a gun range twice, never been told anything about it. I don't show them whats in my bag and they don't ask.

The risk is that the driver sees your destination and that you've got a few bags (which likely contain guns / ammo) and decides that it's worth stealing. While they might not do it themselves, they could easily text a friend and have the car "carjacked" to have all of your stuff stolen.

If you're CCing that would be the stupidest and last mistake they would ever make.

Top Bottom