• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    I know two people who drive for uber and they were told to not ask questions regarding reasons for a client's destination though some clients talk anyway. An in-law had 3 teens pick them up in Ft Worth and drive them to a park in Frisco during the night. The in-law decided to play Pokemon Go and 30 minutes later picked up the same 3 guys for a trip back to Ft Worth. The reason for their trip - one guy was still a virgin and they were meeting up with a prostitute in that park to lose his virginity. The drivers don't care unless your driver shows up in a vehicle stamped with liberal bumper stickers.
    ARJ Defense ad

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    As a driver for uber, my only concerns were delivering a passenger or delivery without injury to them or myself. I tried to avoid times and areas where I didn't feel comfortable, even though I was armed. Most of the passengers were trips to work or home when other transportation wasn't available.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    As a driver for uber, my only concerns were delivering a passenger or delivery without injury to them or myself. I tried to avoid times and areas where I didn't feel comfortable, even though I was armed. Most of the passengers were trips to work or home when other transportation wasn't available.
    >
    Uber drivers have been murdered in New Orleans & elsewhere. Many N.O. taxi & Uber drivers are NOPD Officers.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    One trick I have used with N O taxis is to request a Spanish-speaking driver. O/W one is at risk of getting a hostile Muslim Arab, who can speak French & English, pero nada Espagnol. The Latino drivers there are mostly our “own” Hondurans, very reliable & less dangerous. Once, returning from Paris late night, we got a very rude North African driver, scared hell outta me. One other thing re N O: the Armstrong “N O” airport is not IN the City, so locals control taxi pick-up’s and customers can’t choose. But United Cabs has a stand across the highway, and can do a pick-up IF called. This is much less dangerous.

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    Me either. Sounds like Sarge isn't that lucky, though. So we're all trying to offer helpful info instead of bragging that we're not in his situation.
    Not bragging, just saying, in an admittedly smart ass manner, that there are other alternatives that hitching a ride with someone a lot less qualified that a taxi driver.

It's not just Uber Goobers or the company itself either. If a business prohibits me from doing something I disagree with, I go elsewhere unless there is no other choice.

Sorry if I offended you.

Txhighlander

Truth against the world
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 25, 2021
    Atlanta Tx.
    I really don't know how Uber is set up but Lyft you can use the same driver. My suggestion if Uber allows that to find a pro second amendment driver and use her or him exclusively. You might have to wait a little longer but I would think it would work out better.

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    Not bragging, just saying, in an admittedly smart ass manner, that there are other alternatives that hitching a ride with someone a lot less qualified that a taxi driver.

It's not just Uber Goobers or the company itself either. If a business prohibits me from doing something I disagree with, I go elsewhere unless there is no other choice.

Sorry if I offended you.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    It is sad that we have to sneak around to avoid being discriminated against because a communist company chooses to unconstitutionally deny human rights.
    But as has been said before, don't ask, don't tell. None of their g*dd*amn commie business. I pay for the service, I expect to receive service. Without trampling on my rights.
    I'd love to see Uber instate other discriminatory policies and put up signs such as "no bl*cks" or "no f*gs". Let's see how long they would last then.

Top Bottom