• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas

Remind me why its OK for russia to do this over and over and over...
    709cac37150370609282d597a09794d2.jpg

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Second...they still hate Japan for the atrocities committed by the Japanese in WWII...

Third....they think/know that Taiwan is their property....
    Interesting how those two are related these days. I've seen a reasonable case made that China can take Taiwan only if the USA doesn't help. If that's so, the logical first step to take Taiwan is to destroy all US military infrastructure in Japan so as to severely cripple the US ability to fight in the region. Our carrier groups are awesome but not if every sub has to go back to Hawaii to reload torpedos.

I wonder if the Chinese would be willing to start a war with Japan in order to take Taiwan? It would be a stupid move but countries have done stupider things in the past.

No response necessary; the thread drift here is getting pretty bad already. :)

Dakar34

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2024
    Houston
    Article was in the Cleveland Plain Dealer...guessing 2015?

The year a freighter and ice breaker froze into Cleveland Harbor (was working at Perry Atomic Plant).

Periodically, over the last fifty years? There are "tensions" in Mongolia....
    I can't find any reference to such an event anywhere, and such a battle in a 3rd country (Mongolia) would be a major news event. Eg as if the US and Russia had a tank battle in Poland or Ukraine, or the US v China in Korea or Vietnam.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I can't find any reference to such an event anywhere, and such a battle in a 3rd country (Mongolia) would be a major news event. Eg as if the US and Russia had a tank battle in Poland or Ukraine, or the US v China in Korea or Vietnam.
    Goodness dude did you already forget?

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    We commented on it in the lunch room....We all thought...."what next"...?? We were up there (Perry Plant) the year the freighter and the ice breaker froze in the Cleveland Harbor....(2015?)

Was in the paper...the Plain Dealer even mentioned other incidents along the Chinese Russian border...(prior to retirement, I got a newspaper every day of my working life...)

Guess? It never happened??

Appreciate your looking.....

Dakar34

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2024
    Houston
    461a465d804ac5d78fc224df8ac0f39b.jpg

The Ukrainians are screwed, thanks to Victoria Nuland and the other neo-cons who now make their home in the D party. Not to mention Biden, whose kid had a six-figure no-show "job" in the country after we backed the violent overthrow of the democratically elected gov't that got along with their more powerful neighbor. If you have a dream about how this turns out well for Ukraine, make your case.

Last edited:

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    The Ukrainians are screwed, thanks to Victoria Nuland and the other neo-cons who now make their home in the D party. Not to mention Biden, whose kid had a six-figure no-show "job" in the country after we backed the violent overthrow of the democratically elected gov't that got along with their more powerful neighbor. If you have a dream about how this turns out well for Ukraine, make your case.
    If they are screwed its because globalists think its OK for russia to invade a neighboring country to "get rid of nazis" and "preserve their neutrality".

The left is politically twins with putin's russia. Free and honest elections? HA!

Freedom of speech? HA!

In an opposing political party? HA! Enjoy trumped up arrests.

State news is reality in russia, just like the left in the US wants it to be and why they have tried so hard to shut down Twitter, Truth and the other free speech outlets.

A lot on the left are bleeding hearts and support Ukraine because it was the cool thing to do, but politically leftist governments have much much more in common with russia than Ukraine and seeing freedom succeed anywhere scares them.

Some, particularly on the right supprt Ukraine, but don't believe our hard earned taxes should be spent there, some part due to the USA's history of supporting wrong sides, some part due to a right belief that generally taxes should stay within our borders and some part due to russian propaganda portraying russia as some great Christian nation (as they slay innocent neighbors) and I understand that, though I disagree.

What I can't stand is those who try to justify russia's invasion (or Oct7) by spreading lies and attempting to suggest it is some sort of grey area that we shouldn't pick sides on.

Dakar34

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2024
    Houston
    If they are screwed its because globalists think its OK for russia to invade a neighboring country to "get rid of nazis" and "preserve their neutrality".

The left is politically twins with putin's russia. Free and honest elections? HA!

Freedom of speech? HA!

In an opposing political party? HA! Enjoy trumped up arrests.

State news is reality in russia, just like the left in the US wants it to be and why they have tried so hard to shut down Twitter, Truth and the other free speech outlets.

A lot on the left are bleeding hearts and support Ukraine because it was the cool thing to do, but politically leftist governments have much much more in common with russia than Ukraine and seeing freedom succeed anywhere scares them.

Some, particularly on the right supprt Ukraine, but don't believe our hard earned taxes should be spent there, some part due to the USA's history of supporting wrong sides, some part due to a right belief that generally taxes should stay within our borders and some part due to russian propaganda portraying russia as some great Christian nation (as they slay innocent neighbors) and I understand that, though I disagree.

What I can't stand is those who try to justify russia's invasion (or Oct7) by spreading lies and attempting to suggest it is some sort of grey area that we shouldn't pick sides on.

Has to do with reality, What Kissinger called realpolitik. We (our "globalists") gamed Ukraine to commit near suicide in order to further our (US globalist, corporate, etc) desires.

Dakar34

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2024
    Houston
    So because you think globalists fucked them over we shouldn't try to help?

In the end they're going to have to make peace with their immediate and more powerful neighbor. We're not helping them by increasing the body count in the interim. Yes it's good business for our weapons manufacturers, but we're borrowing the money to add to their profits.
    You are free to disagree with me. I have been right and wrong at times in the past. Time will tell in this case.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom