• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    You mean sorta like Walter Cronkite who admitted to slanting Vietnam reporting due to his anti war beliefs? That sort of journalist? Non biased reporting has never existed and never will, Carlson let one side present their case in their own words- THAT is journalism, anything else is filtered, distorted or otherwise biased.
    Carlson didn't do journalism, he promulgated and legitimized putin's incorrect "history" orf russia and Ukriane. Journalism should put people's statements into context.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Dakar34

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2024
    Houston
    You mean sorta like Walter Cronkite who admitted to slanting Vietnam reporting due to his anti war beliefs? That sort of journalist? Non biased reporting has never existed and never will, Carlson let one side present their case in their own words- THAT is journalism, anything else is filtered, distorted or otherwise biased.
    I don't disagree with your conclusion though your first statement is perhaps overstating the situation.
    The war in Vietnam was a f'ing hellhole for the average US soldier, btw. Go out, take some territory while losing buddies, then go back to base. Go out and fight for the same territory a month later, just to up the body count.
    You might find this interesting. https://mwi.westpoint.edu/war-public-opinion-myth-cronkite-moment/

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I'd like to see more of this, both before and after, to put it into better context but it is hard to argue with the facts he presents. (And I like MTG)

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    I'd like to see more of this, both before and after, to put it into better context but it is hard to argue with the facts he presents. (And I like MTG)

Dr. Snyder has written 15 books, 6 on the subject at hand. He is fluent in Russan, Ukrainian and 8 other languages. She is not wise to be dismissive with him.

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    While your government is stripping you of your property to send it to foreign nations, your government is holding the southern border wide open to whatever scum wants to slither in.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I see we are working on another Ukraine war fund. Serious question. How much money would it take for Ukraine to defeat Russia?…
    As others mentioned, you could send all the money and equipment you want and it may not matter.

I figure there’s a better than even chance this turns into Russia’s replay of their Afghan experiment that lasts until Putin dies. That’ll likely leave Crimea Balkanized and the Ukrainians will have to figure out how willing they are to overcome the remaining ethnic Russians to solve that problem.

Ukraine’s bigger problem is even if the country survives in tact, they’ve got to figure out how to solve for the decades of outmigration that’s been occurring since the beginning of this century while also de-mining about 1/3d of their land area.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Actually it's all borrowed money, so it's future taxes that will pay for this. Currently our national debt is going up about $1T every 100 days (not a sustainable path, IMHO). Even if we send munitions from our stockpiles, most will have to be replaced for our own potential use.
    <>

Thanks, seems so few realize this absurdity. . . . . .

<>

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

No-win wars debilitate citizens and their/our natural patriotism.

Maybe they are intended to do-so.

Either way, they are damaging our USA.

For VietNam, I was young & foolish, just accepted the lies that it was necessary to stop commie expansion to prevent another Korean War.

But, we “won”, then capitulated.

Damned democrats !

<>

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    From Yahoo:
    In Russia, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov on Saturday called the approval of aid to Ukraine “expected and predictable.”

The decision “will make the United States of America richer, further ruin Ukraine and result in the deaths of even more Ukrainians, the fault of the Kyiv regime,” Peskov was quoted as saying by Russian news agency Ria Novosti.

“The new aid package will not save, but, on the contrary, will kill thousands and thousands more people, prolong the conflict, and bring even more grief and devastation,” Leonid Slutsky, head of the Russian State Duma Committee on International Affairs, wrote on Telegram.

More fear mongering and more victim blaming from putin. russia could stop and withdrawal to the international recognized borders and not another russian or Ukrainian would die. russia alone is choosing to further the war and place Ukrainians in a position where they must defend their lives, homes, families and the sovereignty of their nation.

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    I don't disagree with your conclusion though your first statement is perhaps overstating the situation.
    The war in Vietnam was a f'ing hellhole for the average US soldier, btw. Go out, take some territory while losing buddies, then go back to base. Go out and fight for the same territory a month later, just to up the body count.
    You might find this interesting. https://mwi.westpoint.edu/war-public-opinion-myth-cronkite-moment/
    I served during the early 70's lucky enough to be assigned to NATO Northern flank until 77,Yes Vietnam was a shit show and few Marines thought we should be there and I agree completely ...however a lie is still a lie even when the liar is motivated by a just cause. My point is that every media personality slants the story told by personal bias. I read his autobiography- Cronkite admits to selective and deceptive reporting of the war, I would prefer his reporting and trust somewhat more than any talking head currently on air..

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    From Yahoo:

More fear mongering and more victim blaming from putin. russia could stop and withdrawal to the international recognized borders and not another russian or Ukrainian would die. russia alone is choosing to further the war and place Ukrainians in a position where they must defend their lives, homes, families and the sovereignty of their nation.
    <>

Cycleguy,

I’m not trying to diss you, but I grew-up hearing many ‘’war stories’‘, especially the stratetgic covert ops ones.

There is something bad wrong with this entire Ukraine deal, and there have been warning signs for many years.

The current democrats are printing massive amounts of cash to send there, which we just can’t afford.

This is insane.

leVieux

<>

Last edited:

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    4f5268f8b4b2440a6d04795feee9cb31.jpg
    cf5abab5ff51a9dafba331f202ad4220.jpg