• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alanwk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    El Paso, TX
    In a situation that we see in Israel now if/when the SHTF what 9mm ammo would you have, 115g ball or HP? The ball ammo is much cheaper in bulk. This would not be ammo for concealed carry rather for home and personal defense. I hope this makes sense.
    Hurley's Gold

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    In a situation that we see in Israel now if/when the SHTF what 9mm ammo would you have, 115g ball or HP? The ball ammo is much cheaper in bulk. This would not be ammo for concealed carry rather for home and personal defense. I hope this makes sense.
    I use the same 9mm ammo for home and personal defense that i use for concealed carry.

147gr JHP, either speer gold dot or Winchester ranger. You aren't going to be getting into sustained firefights in SHTF, and if you are, your going to die quickly.

For bulk stuff i try to stock 124gr NATO

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    First off is what can you afford? Defensive ammo is much more the cheap plinking ammo. Are you going to be running suppressed? Pistol or pistol caliber carbine? Biggest question what can you pistol handle? I have some +P+ Subgub 9mm that can crack slides & frames of many pistols.
    20200911_185831.thumb.jpg.fe2dda4b02666638150034a5aa05cd95.jpg

I have always been of the school of thought the heavy bullets over lite are for killing. Heavy +P+ ammo might cause you to flinch & miss if you are recoil shy.

Does that price scare you? I'm planning on ordering some to supplement the 9MM FEDERAL PERSONAL DEFENSE 147 GRAIN HST JHP.

Last edited:

Otto_Mation

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2020
    Montgomery, TX
    Bbbuutt Biden says we have to have an F-15 to defend ourselves...

Sent from my SM-A125U1 using Tapatalk
    The crazy part of his statement is that he is saying that we need F-15 to protect ourselves (from our own government). That situation would be the definition of a tyrannical government. Even as far left as this country has moved I think that the likelihood of that SHTF scenario is very low. Other SHTF scenarios such as terror attacks and large scale leftest crime sprees like we see in the liberal areas of the country are much more likely.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    SHTF situation calls for a rifle. My 9mm will be carried as always loaded with HST. The SBR will have M193 in it. I also have plenty of MK318 equivalent and M855. Chances of my running out of any of them are Zero.
    MK 262 is more accurate & devastating on humans & feral hogs. Come to think of it everyone with concerns about a terror cell attack needs to buy some lard for their bullets.

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    A 5.56 rifle is ideal, but looking at whats going on in Israel has me seriously looking more and more at 9mm PDW's.

MP5k's, TP9's, etc. It's not a 5.56, but all the super short 5.56's suck. .300's suck less but then you are dealing with much more expensive ammo that is much harder to source, and when dealing with subsonics, it's basically .45 acp anyways.

Top Bottom