What reasonable gun do you want, but haven't pulled the trigger on?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    I have an ap5 already, but i kinda want that nice HK rollmark
    The rollmark struggle is real.

I was just looking at an MKE AP-5 pistol with the tri-lug/threaded barrel at Atlantic Firearms. Not a terrible price but I realized they were selling all the accessories that normally come with it separately for about $200 extra. Kinda rubbed me the wrong way.

ETA: After looking around it still might be a good deal...and other dealer are doing it too. Just calling it the AP5 "Core".
    ARJ Defense ad

Last edited:

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    The rollmark struggle is real.

I was just looking at an MKE AP-5 pistol with the tri-lug/threaded barrel at Atlantic Firearms. Not a terrible price but I realized they were selling all the accessories that normally come with it separately for about $200 extra. Kinda rubbed me the wrong way.

ETA: After looking around it still might be a good deal...and other dealer are doing it too. Just calling it the AP5 "Core".
    The magazines are ok, the scope mount is meh. The cleaning kit sucks

For the extra $200 you can get an HK mag or two and maybe a better mount if you're patient

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    Forgive my preposition at the end of a sentence - "on which you haven't pulled a trigger" just doesn't seem normal. I keep looking at the "What gun did you buy today?" thread. For me, I'm thinking about getting a S&W 617 4". I keep looking at the guns on https://theshooterscorner.com/benchrest-rifles/. That place will really f'k me up. Kimber of Oregon - pretty much anything. CZ 453 with a set trigger, 1860 Army black powder revolver, H&K P7, SIG P210, P365 XL, 20 gauge Belgian A5....

I haven't bought a gun in a while, but the itch is growing. What are y'all craving? Exclude stuff like Korth revolvers (probably my P7)
    Those?

Are Model 18's...

(4" K 22 Combat Masterpiece)...

Attachments

• 2 K 22's and a Colt.JPG
      2 K 22's and a Colt.JPG
      175.2 KB · Views: 53
    • M 18, M 15.JPG
      M 18, M 15.JPG
      202.5 KB · Views: 49

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    These few are making it very difficult to save money right now

https://seekinsprecision.com/havak-hit.html -> the ability to change barrels and bolt faces make this rifle #1 on my list currently

https://www.smith-wesson.com/product/2023-spec-series or https://www.smith-wesson.com/product/performance-center-m-p-9-m2.0-competitor-17-rounds -> the metal M&P frame is awesome

also a gen 5 19 mos. I typically stay away from the 19 in favor of the 17/34 but the lack of grooves on a 19 frame seemed to work for me, atleast while dry firing.

Someone also has a model 19 with a red dot in our classifieds and I am trying like hell to not buy it

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    For years I have been wanting a .357 lever action. Sold off my .30-30’s to consolidate ammo I keep stocked up on, and then companies stopped making them. They are showing up now, but I am trying to justify over $1K for a lever action in .357.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Maverick 88 security 18.5”. Academy has by far the best price, but such a PITA to buy anything from them. Last purchase was almost an hour.

RickLovesBacon

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Austin
    CZ Scorpion or PSA JKAL. There is gun show in Belton on the 16th. Hoping to find either but I might talk myself out of it when the time comes.

Top Bottom