• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • black_ice

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2017
    Anyone try the new Call of Duty? Been wanting to get some feedback on if its worth picking up. Any other recommendations appreciated as well! I prefer games I can play with other people.

I quit playing games around 10 to 12 years ago and I’m 42. Been thinking of getting back into it and getting a new system but wouldn’t even know which one to get and how long they have been out.

Wouldn’t want to get one if they have been out for a few years and a new system is coming out soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Military Camp

RickLovesBacon

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Austin
    I quit playing games around 10 to 12 years ago and I’m 42. Been thinking of getting back into it and getting a new system but wouldn’t even know which one to get and how long they have been out.

Wouldn’t want to get one if they have been out for a few years and a new system is coming out soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    New systems Released a few years ago. so it's going to be a while a before new ones are released. Rumor has it that Microsoft is going to discontinue the XBOX, if you want to go the console route playstation might the best bet. PC is also fun and most games are cross compatible now.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Digital Combat Simulator (DCS World)

Spend most of my time in the A-10C, F-16, P-47, UH-1, or AH-64D.

Sometimes fly the Mosquito, Spitfire, FW-190, BF-109, F-86, F-14, Gazelle, and whatever else I can’t remember at the moment. Have some Russian stuff like the Hind, Mig 15, 17, and 21 but don’t use it much.

Fly it in VR and the detail is amazing. But it’s not a game, IT’S A SIMULATOR!

I don’t get that serious though. Learn to start and fly the aircraft, learn how to use the weapons, go out and kill communists.

Also play Gunner Heat PC a little bit. Still in development, will be cool if they actually follow the road map and do what they claim.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I have been wanting to play WAR Thunder but I need my Son to bring his PS4 downstairs so I can hook it up.

I played for a while but got irritated at the slow grind of earning new vehicles. Also what seemed like weekly updates.

Had fun in the low tier tanks, but last time I felt like playing it was going to be a 7 hour update or something.

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    Rising Storm 2
    Disgaea
    Synthetik 2
    STALKER
    Cruelty Squad
    Touhou
    Shin Megami Tensei
    Armored Core
    just a small list of games ive played.

RickLovesBacon

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Austin
    Digital Combat Simulator (DCS World)

Spend most of my time in the A-10C, F-16, P-47, UH-1, or AH-64D.

Sometimes fly the Mosquito, Spitfire, FW-190, BF-109, F-86, F-14, Gazelle, and whatever else I can’t remember at the moment. Have some Russian stuff like the Hind, Mig 15, 17, and 21 but don’t use it much.

Fly it in VR and the detail is amazing. But it’s not a game, IT’S A SIMULATOR!

I don’t get that serious though. Learn to start and fly the aircraft, learn how to use the weapons, go out and kill communists.

Also play Gunner Heat PC a little bit. Still in development, will be cool if they actually follow the road map and do what they claim.
    what VR headset do you use? I have the quest 3

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Rising Storm 2
    Disgaea
    Synthetik 2
    STALKER
    Cruelty Squad
    Touhou
    Shin Megami Tensei
    Armored Core
    just a small list of games ive played.

I feel old and/or out of place since I have never heard of ANY of those games.
    We have an XBox (not the latest-greatest, it's like 5 years old) for the kids. They have like 5 games for it. It rarely gets played, just when they have earned special privileges to play it.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I remember they launched Pong right before Christmas & it was $79.99 which was stupid money back then for a toy. After Christmas the price dropped every week until it was $39.99.

At that point you either had one or were not going to get one. Everyone said it would screw up your TV’s screen.

I remember having Pong back in the 70's I also remember having first some other one I think was made by Magnavox, but it kind of sucked because the other person could control the "ball" with their "paddle" even after it left their "paddle". The Atari Pong was the real deal. Then got an Atari 2600 in 1981. That thing was awesome!

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    I feel old and/or out of place since I have never heard of ANY of those games.
    We have an XBox (not the latest-greatest, it's like 5 years old) for the kids. They have like 5 games for it. It rarely gets played, just when they have earned special privileges to play it.
    some of the games listed are foreign, STALKER is a first person shooter game series by a ukranian developer and had games that came out for the PC in 2007,2008, and 2009 respectively and are based off the soviet era book Roadside Picnic by Arkady Strugatsky and Boris Strugatsky and is set in the chernobyl exclusion zone.

Shin Megami Tensei is a JRPG (Japanese Role Playing Game) series that had its start in the mid to late 80's as Megami Tensei and its basically about summoning demons to fight other demons who have differing alignments and stuff like that, very anime-esque

Armored Core is a mecha game based off of the real mecha genre of anime and the original game came out on PS1, and the stories have been about mercenaries fighting for various companies and what not in giant mechs, another very cool, very anime-esque game.

Cruelty Squad is a batshit insane Biopunk/Cyberpunk First Person Immersive Sim made by a Finnish art student and is very much an Experience.

DWDM_In_DFW

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 22, 2016
    Denton
    Bethesda games hit the spot for me. Currently playing Starfield and dusted off Fallout 4, with a boatload of mods, and getting ready for the Fallout: London mod to release.
    Also played Stranded: Alien Dawn, The Invincible and Fort Solis relatively recently.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    what VR headset do you use? I have the quest 3
    Using a Reverb G2. Started with a Rift S. Right now I’m just happy I refused the free “upgrade” to Windows 11

My son has a Quest 2 but I haven’t tried it.

Not sure what I’ll go to when the G2 dies. Seems there are fewer choices now than a couple years ago. Might end up with a Quest 3, unless I bite the bullet for something like Pimax.

AlteisenMkII

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2022
    San Antonio,TX
    Hell , I was in Houston in December with some pals hitting up the arcades playing mostly fighting games. Also did a halfway run on Metal Slug 2 out there,I am still playing video games just pass some time. Though I have been having more of a fixation on the Dreamcast/Naomi system recently.

I'll go into some of the more esoteric areas of games but for godsakes can someone release the uncompressed sound tracks to the Reel Fishing series , I don't care if I have to buy it on vinyl.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    As if there's another one?

tumblr_ofsjc8Fofy1u7t71ro1_500.gif

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support