APOD Firearms

What's Your Choice For A Budget Home Defense Shotgun?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    I see Mossberg Maverick 88's, (which I think may be chinese made, but I'm not entirely certain of that) but there are many others that also seem worthy like the Stoeger P3000 Freedom Series Defense Pump Shotgun.

What your choice and do you own 'your choice'?

Thanks!!
    Capitol Armory ad

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    One of the cheap bull pups like SDS, once you straighten the mag, drench it in oil and handle it like it owes you money, it's semi-reliable. Raccoons fear it!

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    I see Mossberg Maverick 88's, (which I think may be chinese made, but I'm not entirely certain of that) but there are many others that also seem worthy like the Stoeger P3000 Freedom Series Defense Pump Shotgun.

Thanks!!
    The Maverick line of shotguns is assembled in Eagle Pass, Texas, using some parts manufactured outside of the United States, mainly from Mexico, which contributes to their relatively lower price in comparison to the Mossberg 500 series of shotguns.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    I go by my own experiences, not what someone else says.
    I've been told that 440 VAC would kill me, but I don't have experience to verify it yet.

BTW, Gun Tests Magazine was the source of the information that the adapters malfunctioned.

Last edited:

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    Dang, I thought we were talking shotguns, there is a multitude of things that will do harm.
    And a lot of hearsay. So and so said........ so I believe it.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

Thanks!!
    the mossberg maverick are manu factured in eagle pass Texas! pretty much an economy version of the mossberg 500

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Thanks to all...feedback very much appreciated.

I saw somewhere on the inter-webs that the 88's are now chinese made, whereas they 'were' originally Eagle Pass made with 'a few' Mexican parts...which is fine by me...but, I'll be looking a bit deeper regarding the chinese...ah, rumor and I hope that's all it is...

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I picked up a Stevens during a black friday sale that was even cheaper than the Maverick 88. Pretty sure it's made in Turkey, but the newer ones are made in China.

Probably my favorite budget shotgun is a police trade in Winchester 1200. It was super cheap because it has a lot of handling wear, but it shoots amazing.

Top Bottom