• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    I am away from home and in the Houston area. My son is awaiting a procedure to repair a CSF leak due to a Basal Scull Fracture and I'm here to help with the grandkids. Prayers would be appreciated.

While attempting to keep up with the weather at home while I'm away, I've encountered a fair amount of disparity in forecasts. I use Weather Bug (which predicts a low of 30° for the next few days) and my DIL uses Weather.com (which predicts a low of 25° for the same zip code). That's enough of a difference for me to be concerned about whether or not I left my house sufficiently prepared.

Now, I know they rarely get it right anyway, but what weather app do you use? Is it fairly accurate?
    DK Firearms

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    NWS tends to be the most accurate from my experience. Weather Underground second to NWS.

But as you note, none of them are great.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    skf,

Good luck winging it's way to you and your son!

For weather, I just look out the window.

Right now, foggy/cloudy and 62.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    NWS and worth reading the text forecast. Next is my ambient weather station in the backyard for real time updates. Next in line for winter weather is TXDots road conditions site to gauge where roads are freezing, traffic and their cameras.

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    I use WeatherBug on my iPhone; it is my go to even though I also have Accuweathe and the Weather Channel

Best wishes for you and your family!

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I use the fox 4 wap and accuweather. They are the same source forecasts I believe but updated at different rates.

I use the wap all over the us when I travel. It's pretty accurate.

glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    Prayer sent for your son and family. Weatherbug is mostly close to what's happening, Weather Channel is OK but not great. So we try to average the two.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    I am completely distrustful of Accuweather. It often gives conflicting (and seemingly just wrong) information.
    Example: I got up one morning and it told me on the home page that the temp was 19F at my location. The hourly figures were all in the low 30s. Now, how could that be? I went out front and our chicken water was......water. Not a block of ice. Not even ice on top. Just water. 19, my ass.
    And, to boot, the app is painfully slow. It will take a full minute to load up and show you a temp. Only to immediately plop a full page ad over it. Hate it.
    Yes it is still on my phone. I use wundermap on the PC and like it quite a bit. I would say generally more accurate. Marginally faster. Can control the ads with adware.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    WTFForecast is pretty accurate for me.

7ca7061b9455bff4a25b406cde6a6353.jpg

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    I use WeatherBug and Storm Shield on android. Storm Shield sends NOAA severe weather alerts for your specific location. It also is the best map I have seen for radar, temperature, wind speed, snow fall...

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    NOAA? on my scanner is pretty accurate. NWS is another accurate predictor. On my smart phone I use 1Weather app. So far it seems fairly accurate.

Prayers for your son that all goes well.
    NOAA and NWS have been consistent providing accurate weather. Most local news networks couldn't predict rain if standing in a monsoon.

Top Bottom