• ...and so much more!
  • V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Never been to the site or downloaded the app, but the videos are all over other platforms.....

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    I have enjoyed the TikTok's I grab every now and then at the check out lane at the gas station. The spearmint are the best.

So now how do the Chinese use them to spy on us. And if banned I will just switch to ice breakers or are they china brand too.

contender buff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    ft worth tx
    F7C889F5-0CE5-412A-8667-17014E4DA406.gif

RickLovesBacon

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Austin
    So we're celebrating our .gov telling us what's good for us?

TikTok has its merits like anything. It all depends on how you use it like any social media or the internet in general. Us getting spied on is nothing new.

With our government it starts here. Where does it end?
    This^^^ I've used tik tok for making outdoor cooking video's and have met some really awesome people because of it. Just like this forum. It's a great platform depending on how you use it. It's still a very long way from actually being banned. It's not even a outright ban.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Oh, look, there is Chinese spyware on tons of websites for few years. We should do something in a year. Give them time to change their name.

Horse left barn long ago. Those that think they haven't ever used it, you have. They run background scripts on many, many websites.

This!! If it is in fact a valuable tool to the CCP, changing the location of ownership isn't going to do a damn thing about that.

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA

TikTok has its merits like anything. It all depends on how you use it like any social media or the internet in general. Us getting spied on is nothing new.

I agree with you.

I do NOT plan on getting it for MYSELF but I do NOT want the .gov folks telling ME what to own or use in my life.

I do NOT want them to force kill or maim Rx TRUMP/FAUCI shots on me too! I do not want the county, state or FEDS telling a raped child, teen or adult woman what to do with her own body too!

I have seen TT online with links when it came to news stories. I remember Kellyanne Conway's SCREWED UP daughter and KC's own, NOW EX, husband on it in the past too.

I have seen SUPER cool pictures and actions of dogs on TT just like MY MANY old, late German Shepherd puppies/dogs, a few Cocker Spaniel puppies/dogs and one like my 'pound puppy' Samoyed white fur adopted puppy. Back east late dogs.

Those LINKS of those dogs brought me GREAT JOY, made me smile, laugh and cry too. I shared those LINKS by showing them to my husband and told my older brother and older sister in MD and FL about them too!

Plus TT and You Tube/Rumble LINKS of the YAAK here in NW Montana right below BRITISH COLUMBIA, CANADA with YAAK FALLS, Glacier National Park, the Bob Marshall Wilderness and MANY places that I went to when I still drove in the past plus where I still go with my husband.

I showed them LINKS from TT up where I used to live in the tiny log cabin and camping area BUTT UP TO WILDERNESS in the Sapphire Mountains where I LIVED when I first moved out here after my late husband died back east. Nature - YEAR round seasonal pictures that OTHER PEOPLE TOOK up in that area and they posted them online using TT - I did NOT personally take those TT pictures. But I did have some other pictures that I took in the past and sent them to my family and friends.

Same with other pictures of the EAST COAST where I was born and raised and traveled a lot plus where I lived with my late husband in the boonies in the Great Lakes area too. Same type of LINKS ON TT like some of my old sail and power boat pictures and LIGHT HOUSES - storms and so forth.

Many small businesses use TT and it has really helped their business GROW BIG TIME. That is ALL OVER THE NEWS NOW too.

If the government does not want it on their own .GOV products - no problem!

They should not do this when it comes to private citizens who CHOOSE to use TT in their private life when it comes to personal or business applications.

I don't have TT, Fakebook, Insta whatever, etc. but I REFUSE to tell other people what they should choose to use when it comes to their OWN TYPE of social media.

Forums ARE a TYPE OF SOCIAL MEDIA even if many old or young people do not think of them that way.

I don't want the forums taken away by BIG BROTHER or anyone else.

It is BAD ENOUGH how much has been REMOVED IN ALL WAYS as in SCRUBBED OFF OF THE WWWeb not just shadow banned OFF OF many forums, news articles, HISTORY, You Tube = BANNED, etc. by .gov folks, MASSIVE censorship and whiney @@@ old and young PC snowflakes.

THEIR PC view is only good for THEM and to H with YOU or your own views! Or any other VIEW or INSIGHT in any subject matter! That is verboten!

Like you can discuss anything except for one or two countries or their BAT S CRAZY and WARMONGERING LEADERS. Or when OBL was a freedom fighter than instantly HE turned into a terrorist, bla and bla.

I do NOT like book bans or book burnings in ANY SUBJECT or in ANY RELIGION too.

Parents SHOULD have a SAY when it comes to their children/teens in and out of school due to the CONTENT. But when it comes to ADULTS - leave them alone even if I don't approve or want their DUNG for myself due to MY OWN MORALS and Christian belief system.

Just don't SHOVE ALL OF THAT SALAMI down MY throat or try to tell me that all of this craziness is 'normal' when it is NOT while harming LITTLE KIDS or teens!

Old Lady Cate

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Not for one second do I think the government is banning tiktok for our kids safety or national security. The government promoted mutilating and killing of children. We sell land, company, university's, politicians amd everything else to China. They don't care about this. The banning of tiktok is all about control of information. The US govt can't control tiktok like they do FB, X, IG, YT, etc. It's all about controlling information.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    What information is on TikTok that the government needs to control? What information is on TikTok that ain’t on twitter, FB, Truth, YT, Rumble, TGT, or some other social media platform?

I ask this with sincerity. My only experience with TikTok is from Libs Of TikTok

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    I don't use Tik Tok. Our politicians don't like Tik Tok because they can't control the content like they do with Facebook and most other forms of media. It is not about your safety nor your kid's safety. It's about control. If they ban Tik Tok, what will be next?

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    TikTok is a bunch of horseshit that is contributing to the growing stupidity of our youth. Spy algorithms or not, it's another wasteful drug for developing more mindless self-serving narcissists.

View attachment 440473
    Which is why THEY want control of it instead of China.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013

Not me I was just making light of the situation.

Top Bottom