• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    The .gov folks want CENSORSHIP ala Orwell's 1984 book. They have had it ALREADY and now they want even more of this dung!

MANY Ds and Rs want to be able to CONTROL any type of information SPREADING BIG TIME and some general news because it does NOT FIT INTO THEIR AGENDA!

The Globalists want it BIG TIME too!

The folks that brought you THE GREAT RESET and ALL OF THOSE SHUT DOWNS, BAD rules for YOU but GOOD rules for THEM, business failures, maim/kill shots, school closures, ALL other types of closures and NANNY STATE LAWS! Etc.!

What some of US have talked about in the PAST has now come true or the REAL FACTS HAVE COME OUT now but in the past - we were censored or TOLD TO SHUT UP or TOW THE LINE because it did not FIT INTO THE AGENDA or main stream BS NEWS.

They don't call IT programming for NO REASON!

Brainwashing, social engineering, propaganda, etc. come to mind now!

***** I do NOT have some of those SOCIAL MEDIA products as I mentioned ABOVE in my previous post.

I do NOT have Twitter or X among a whole bunch more too. *****

But if a NEWS LINK or STORY comes out and IF it interests me especially in some VERY SPECIFIC NEWS that is NOT making it in the MAIN STREAM NEWS due to the NEO CONS ON THE LEFT and RIGHT controlling Faux CNN or Faux Fox, MOST FORUMS and others... I do GO TO SOME very specific links.

Plus I do READ and listen to news and interviews from ALL AROUND THIS COUNTRY and OVERSEAS on a DAILY BASIS. ALL ONLINE - I listen to all sides and form my own opinions from A to Z!

Many GUN people, NOT all of them, and MOST Americans are just plain ILL INFORMED or believe what JOE or JANE online tells them about some wars, NEWS story or their OWN VERY BIASED OPINION. I have read some of their 'stuff' HERE and elsewhere too.

To each their own when it comes to their OWN opinions!
    But that does not make it TRUE or when it comes to COMPLETE historical facts worse off GEOGRAPHY in any region worldwide. Or when something actually happened or WHO DID WHAT and when and WHY!

MOST OF THEM don't even know the history or geography or the REAL NEWS when it comes to proxy wars, NATO salami, Genocide Joe at his best - spit, etc.

And some news stories barely come out or people don't even KNOW or CARE about what IS REALLY GOING ON in their own country and around the world when it comes to the DECLINE of our own infrastructure, financial news, closing stores, bank and credit union failures and MERGERS and closures, crazy @@@ policies from the FED and from Yellen to you name it!

So I absolutely do NOT want TT or any other THING banned or CONTROLLED when it comes to private individuals and their OWN READING or sharing!

I can see NOT putting it on .gov controlled DEVICES but if you think China or Russia has the GOODS ON THE US OF A - you are overlooking some of the absolute WORSE COUNTRIES when it comes to SPYWARE and even REAL LIFE SPIES that those countries LOVE who have SPIT ON, PISSED ON, POOPED ON and SPIED on THE US OF A in the past and right now!

Old Lady OPINIONATED Cate aka Catherine

Last edited:

SURVIVOR619

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    US
    I heard Bezos is heavily greasing the palms of congress to get this through b/c so many businesses are now selling their goods on Tik Tok, and it's apparently cutting into Amazon's profits significantly. Indeed, I vehemently disagree with nanny state impositions, but I think the root cause behind the ban is money... as always.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    So we're celebrating our .gov telling us what's good for us?

TikTok has its merits like anything. It all depends on how you use it like any social media or the internet in general. Us getting spied on is nothing new.

With our government it starts here. Where does it end?
    This^

Although I think tik tok and its content are stupid based on the videos other people have shown me, all of the social media apps are selling data to China. So are cell phone companies, etc. I’m far more concerned about the OPM “hack” that they brushed off after sending out a letter informing us that too are upset about all of our personal information that is now in Chinese hands.

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    As I said in my first post here - MANY, many businesses have GROWN in HUGE WAYS in one month's TIME compared to many years worth of working to be KNOWN TO THE PUBLIC once they started to use TT.

Many small business owners that make ALL kinds of products have spoken up about this and those stories are in SOME NEWS online and on a few boob tube stations - OTA - Over the Air channels for free.

Black, white, American Indian, etc. ladies and men have spoken up about the GROWTH in their businesses.

Many Chinese small restaurants, some Little Italy restaurants, PASTRY shops, pizza shops, etc. have GROWN BIG TIME and gotten EXPOSURE when they first started to use TT.

They have been ON THE NEWS. MY own local news and around the country. Even worldwide.

I have never used AMAZON ever and my husband has not either. We TRY TO SUPPORT our own local businesses here IN TOWN.

There are tons of stories where small companies have grown.

IT is all about the money because places like AMAZON and BEZOS have a HISTORY ABOUT RUINING Mom and Pop stores especially BOOK STORES OUT OF BUSINESS. (It is not just about Walmart!)

BEZOS made some promises to authors and publishers and SCREWED THEM BIG TIME. That is a fact when it comes to BOOK DEALERS and sellers. I have seen this UP close and personal with some friends of mine who have been in the book business and some of them still try to sell books but not in BRICK and mortar stores now.

There is an ONLINE SHOW about AMAZON and BEZOS - a podcast about HIM and his business model.
    Plus how many places he ruined and tons more.

I NEVER BOUGHT ONE THING from Bezos or AMAZON and I never will. I will GO WITHOUT than BUY FROM him or his company.

Follow the money, follow it some more and connect the dots.

ALWAYS ASK YOURSELF this one question. WHO benefits from this?

Money - all about money.

CONTROL - all about control.

News control = PEOPLE CONTROL.

Just like GUN CONTROL = people control!

Old Lady Cate
    PS: So what the one person said ABOVE about AMAZON is most likely true PLUS it is ALSO ABOUT information and news control to the MASSES.

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    It is true that a lot of stuff on TT is silly or stupid or 'whatever' - FILL IN THE BLANKS here.

NOT all of it is though. That is a fact.

But people can CHOOSE to watch what they want to watch or hear ONLINE or read when it comes to a book or FORUM or whatever.

We can ignore people or STUFF or TURN IT OFF or never turn it on to BEGIN WITH when it comes to ANY CONTENT ONLINE or when it comes to the boob tube, radio, Holly-weird - movies, the music industry, sports, etc.

Free will - use it or lose it!

Old Lady Cate

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    You people need to clean your keyboards. Never seen so many sticky caps lock keys.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    The gripes are because it's FREE. Businesses don't want to pay for Ads anymore.
    You think banning TikTok will make any difference for what businesses spend on internet advertising?

They love it. With all the data tracking they can target buyers with far more accuracy. It’s money will spent vs most other forms.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    When has th U.S. government done anything for "our good" that turned out good?

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

They banned the use of PCBs.

But overall it’s a very short list.

Y’all forgot to mention how well the government improved gas cans.

TJjerry

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 5, 2019
    Magnolia, tx
    They are not talking about banning Tic Tok, I believe they are talking about breaking it off from communicating with the Communist Chinese Government.
    I think that a good reason for the following:
    If you due banking or bill payment from your phone,(I don't) with Tic Tok on it, they likely have your account information including UN and Password. So when the SHTF you might find you are locked out of your banking with several million other folks.
    Yes it is likely that Google has this info also, but I am not sure that Larry Page and Sergey Brin controllers, would dare go that far.
    The Government busted up AT&T to benefit the Stock market, this seems a much more serious issue.
    Facebook happens to be one of the largest trackers of us than we know.
    Ever wonder why you have to give access to mail, contacts, camera, microphone, etc when installing a simple app like Games or QR scanner? Cause we don't want to read the 12 pages of legal crap that comes with it.
    Everything is pretty much known about each of us, so it would seem Tic Tok wants to be able to Control, they already know stuff.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Just lay back and try to enjoy it.
    Don't have much interest in TikTok, other than enjoying the Libs of TikTok posting on other websites. I did notice who is against it, and that makes me wonder. I'm not that tech savvy to know all the implications.

Top Bottom