• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • goodmanje

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2024
    Greenville
    I got my LTC a while back but have never carried one of my guns with me anywhere. The holsters are so uncomfortable I can’t stand wearing them. I’ve tried 5 different ones and finally gave up. Never tried appendix carry because I’m not going to have a loaded gun pointed at my balls. Getting an LTC was just a waste of time.
    Lynx Defense

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    What gun did you try carrying?
    I've tried about 7 different guns, some more comfortable that others. Holster type is also a big determining factor.
    Some people feel leather holsters are most comfortable, others are kydex peeps.
    I've settled on kydex for my holsters, but that's just me.

When I first started carrying, it did seem uncomfortable (I carry at 4:00 to 5:00 position), but after a week, I barely noticed it.

goodmanje

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2024
    Greenville
    Right now I have a Walther PDP 4“ compact and a Springfield Echelon. I admit the Walther is a bit fat for a compact but previously I had a Springfield XDS Mod 2 and even that little thing bugged the crap out of me. I recently bought an Aliengear Cloak Tuck holster thinking it might be more comfortable than a regular Kydex type but that thing is a real pain in the butt. It’s frustrating ordering all these different holsters and none of them working out. Maybe I need the old Walther PPK and just stick it in my pocket. Lol

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    There's typically a bunch of trial and error to see what fits you, your attire, your shape, etc. I started with a 'compact' Ruger SR9c with a spare mag, but that's a fair bit of weight. Even with a 2-loop holster. It didn't work with everything I wore, so ultimately it was replaced with a S&W Shield in a simple Kydex single clip. I tried a bunch of the 'comfortable' holsters, but I didn't like the bulk and kept falling back to the convenience of that single clip. With my smaller build it's most comfortable for me to carry in the 2:00 to 2:30 position, and the Shield blends right into me there. After a few minutes I don't feel it the rest of the day. I might notice it as I go to sit down, but again it disappears pretty quickly.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    I started with a Joe's lefthand IWB, used for small of back ( Mexican?) carry. Taurus PT111...was mostly comfortable, except sometimes while driving.
    Your nuts will be safe. If you have an AD you might end up with a second crack.
    I agree with others: keep looking.

goodmanje

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2024
    Greenville
    When I bought the Alien Gear my gun didn’t fit it well and it‘s really difficult to get on. I emailed them about a refund and they replied “you should have got the Cloak Tuck 3.5, you ordered the original one.” Well when I searched for available holsters for my gun on their website that’s the one it showed. Would have been nice if someone notified me there was a newer model that works a lot better… lol

goodmanje

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2024
    Greenville
    I've had one of these for many years. Very comfortable.
    Thats interesting. I do have an old Smith & Wesson .38 revolver that would probably be easy to carry but it’s got something wrong with it. I need to get it fixed. Only holds 5 rounds though…… guess that’s better than no rounds which is what I’m currently doing. Haha

goodmanje

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2024
    Greenville
    I should also mention I’ve gotten fat over the years so that doesn’t help with comfort. I’m 6’ 230lbs and 54 years old. My profile picture was from10 years ago when I weighed 185lbs and was in the best shape of my life. Lol

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LAKRAMER1211
    Top Bottom