• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    Native Americans were wiped out and they had Bow and Arrow and spears to go with tomahawks. Just sayin.
    They also had guns so....

1692990328870.png
    Military Camp

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    PS:

I am a strong supporter of axes, 'hawks and fixed blade knives!

I have mentioned this before and not only on this forum.

I have a small ESTWING camp axe in the bedroom (NO joke!) and a couple of Sog 'hawks inside the house too.

Plus both of us have knives around the house.

I THINK that I posted (?) a picture of my ESTWING and not the other Estwing and other axes around here/garage and IN his truck and car with a LINK to it somewhere on this forum.

I know that I posted it on some other forums that I QUIT and/or no longer go to, no longer read and no longer write on.

Old Lady Cate

Last edited:

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    PS:

I am a strong supporter of axes, 'hawks and fixed blade knives!

I have mentioned this before and not only on this forum.

I have a small ESTWING camp axe in the bedroom (NO joke!) and a couple of Sog hawks inside the house too.

Plus both of us have knives around the house.

I THINK that I posted (?) a picture of my ESTWING and not the other Estwing and other axes around here/garage and IN his truck and car with a LINK to it somewhere on this forum.

I know that I posted it on some other forums that I QUIT and/or no longer go to, no longer read and no longer write on.

Old Lady Cate

IT looks like this one only mine is several years old and it came with a leather sheath.

It came from HOME DEPOT in this town. IN stock just like several of our other tools and axes.

The SOG 'hawks came from SW and Walmart.

Old Lady Cate

wakosama

Collapse now - Avoid the rush
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Spring
    while these were always too heavy for me to swing confortably, my brother always kept one in his car, for 'emergencies' instead of a machete or hawk.

1693516629880.png

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    Maybe they can't be as concealment as a knife, but there is still both a utility and nostalgic feel by having a tomahawk on hand when your out in the wilderness. I'm looking forward to when a bladesmith I know will make me a full tang spiked hawk.
    I carry a small damascus bearded and spiked axe head on my walking stick, currently building a second one for dress carry with an artifical Narwhal tusk staff. 30" for 36" overall,blades are just over4" and 3"spikes/
    I was a rondy guy for years and enjoyed throwing hawks.

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    Nice tom a hawk but good ax you can not beat if you are in the field but that is my opinion
    I lived in the forest in SW Colorado for 18 years, three of those in a Teepee...I carried a tomahawk every day, best camp tool around, Mine was bearded and a useful climbing aide.
    For downing trees, a chainsaw beats an axe and for splitting wood a maul beats an axe. I agree for delimbing and many other uses an axe is best.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I own a black eagle as well as a double bit estwing. I really should put them to the test out at the farm, at least hack up some brush or clear a few lighter limbs along some trails. The double bit is a sharp bugger and just feels dangerous. I could see myself wildly swinging it back and forth in a sea of zombies. Hopefully it never comes to that. Lol.

Top Bottom