• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sobi1998

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2016
    I have the 4.7L model. I replaced the camshaft position sensor because it was throwing codes saying it was bad. I replaced it and now it won’t start. Cranks but won’t turn over. Looking for basic suggestions. Clean the connector? Try the old one again? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Capitol Armory ad

AZ Refugee

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Try the old one, I have an 04 with the 4.7, had a similar issue, it was a bad sensor from Auto Zone

JeepFiend

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2017
    Bryan, TX
    In my experience, Jeeps really like Mopar parts. If I couldn't get Mopar, I'd settle for NAPA.

Also, make sure you reset the computer so it relearns the sensor reading. I changed an IAC once and the thing started idling at 3k rpm until I reset the computer.

sobi1998

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2016
    Got a replacement and that didn’t work. Now the old one isn’t working either...
    The code is back in the dash too

sobi1998

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2016
    Update: IT WORKS! I really tightened it down snug and used some contact cleaner and the new part really worked!

JeepFiend

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2017
    Bryan, TX
    if you have an ohm meter, you should be able to test the sensor and make sure the issue doesn't lie in wiring or connector. Can't seem to find a link for a grand, but if it's like the cps for a cherokee there's a ton of write ups.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I have q '97 that did the same thing. It was the plugs on the control module or the module itself. You will probably wind up replacing it. When you do, you will need to fashion some kind of bracket to support the weight of the wire harness. It is a common problem.
    Jeep Forum has a lot about it.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

sobi1998

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2016
    I noticed it started when I tightened it snug. If it was loose it wouldn’t

sobi1998

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2016
    higher flow oil filter? Stick a Fram filter on it and see if it goes down.

I’ve been getting purolator for some time. Haven’t used Fram in a while. I’ll try that next time. Just changed the oil at New Years

JeepFiend

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2017
    Bryan, TX
    Well high oil pressure is usually not as worrisome is low. A couple things I can think of that would increase it are higher viscosity and higher flow oil filters. Frams are like a giant sponge instead of a filter. So it used to be a common joke that if you had higher oil pressure, put in a Fram...that'll bring it down. =) What's your oil look like? Is it that pretty golden honey color, black, or kind of milky with bubbles?

sobi1998

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2016
    Well high oil pressure is usually not as worrisome is low. A couple things I can think of that would increase it are higher viscosity and higher flow oil filters. Frams are like a giant sponge instead of a filter. So it used to be a common joke that if you had higher oil pressure, put in a Fram...that'll bring it down. =) What's your oil look like? Is it that pretty golden honey color, black, or kind of milky with bubbles?

I checked it this morning and it was starting to turn black. Still noticeably yellow but with a black tint. I change it about every 3 months or 4K-5k miles and it’ll be dark brown. I add Lucas oil leak stop. I think it helps imo

sobi1998

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2016
    well, it's hard to say, obviously it could be a lot things....bad guage, bad sending unit, bad bypass valve, clogged oil passages (but with regular oil changes that's less likely). My understanding is that Jeep went back to dummy lights instead of gauges on the newer vehicles for that reason. There's some discussion here: https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/60-psi-oil-pressure-normal-3729321/

You talk about lights, my sisters Jeep Liberty ‘06, the oil light came on. No clue what it meant..
    Checked the oil and that was fine. She said it’s been about 3 months since she changed the oil. No clue because you can’t see a gauge...

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Thaskinny1
    Top Bottom