• ...and so much more!
  • pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Met my buddy at Elm Fork on Saturday.
    He’s a good friend and business partner who I’ve know since high school.

But when it comes to guns...sigh.

All of my guns cycle 100% reliably when I (or anyone else) shoots them.

None of my semi-auto guns cycle reliably when he shoots them.
    Limp-wrists pistols, I don’t know what he’s doing to my AR’s but they jam with every shot.
    Of course, he blames my guns.

So he just got a Ruger MPR, slick rifle.
    Says he can’t wait to shoot it.
    Shows up at the range with a box of 20 rounds of ammo. Didn’t buy more because “it’s too expensive”.

Then proceeds to shoot my ammo, “I’ll pay you back later”. And he will , but it might be in 6 months, it might be tomorrow.

Strangely, his MPR only failed to feed a few times, not every shot...

I love the guy, but loathe to do anything gun-related with him. But I’m his only “gun buddy” and I feel bad giving excuses every time he wants to shoot.

Any of you guys have a friend like that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Target Sports

GeorgeS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2018
    San Antonio
    Not anymore but I've had erstwhile friends who'd shoot my ammunition because they 'ran out' or 'forgot it at home'.

I stopped bringing guns that chambered the same ammunition as theirs; two or three trips with nothing to shoot convinced them to be more diligent.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin

Limp-wrists pistols, I don’t know what he’s doing to my AR’s but they jam with every shot.

Shows up at the range with a box of 20 rounds of ammo. Didn’t buy more because “it’s too expensive”.

Then proceeds to shoot my ammo, “I’ll pay you back later”. And he will , but it might be in 6 months, it might be tomorrow.

I love the guy, but loathe to do anything gun-related with him. But I’m his only “gun buddy” and I feel bad giving excuses every time he wants to shoot.
    Maybe he will read this.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    My wife is a great shot. But she jams every autoloader she gets near. The only person to induce an ammo failure in my 4506. Loves her revolvers.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Growing up my friends and I were very vocal about it. “When are you gonna get your own ammo f$&@#%”?

The worst is when they don’t make an attempt to change and if it’s bugging you say something. Saying what’s on your mind doesn’t make you a bad friend.

I’m pretty laid back but also selective who I hang out with or shoot with. It’s a good idea to have shooting buddies who enjoy making hunting/shooting/plastering pest’ guts everywhere a life style. Some friends just think it’s cool and don’t invest into it. Like your buddy, op lol

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    If I invite someone & tell them i was going anyway.... no worries on my part. Now if a buddy calls up & asks...you fishing this weekend? I'll meet you @ the launch! I hope hes got a couple bucks..lol.

I got you. Don't spend it all in one place.

s-l640.jpg

Attachments

• s-l640.jpg
      s-l640.jpg
      74 KB · Views: 349

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I have a very good friend I met in an archery shop. He has guns, but he's not really a gun guy. He works off shore as a senior driller & makes great money compared to what I made while I was working.

He's the guy I gave a Aero AR15 to for A/C work. I put a set of Magpul sights on the gun for him. He like so often had a scope laying around & wanted to mount it on his AR. He ask about a scope mount & make my suggestions for a QD mount. They are to expensive, I can't afford them because I'm buying a house & I cannot buy anything. We go to the range & the scope is a POS I have told him to just throw away. Cant shoot with the scope on & can't take it off.

I like nice gear. He likes my stuff, but never thinks it's worth what I paid & I get lots of my stuff @ cost. He on the other hand working all the time watches some stupid outdoors channel that is basically a infomercial for cheap shit. Everything he sees on the outddors channel he has to have. A few years back he had to have a .243 single shot pistol like he seen. I told buy a Contender what you'r looking at it shit! Next thing I know he has his shit single shot. Cheap mass Konus red dot that came in the kit is broke. 2-3 years later he still dicking around & finally say he need to sell that pistol.

digger

Curmudgeon
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    West Texas
    My 13 yo daughter is like that. Always wants to go but never brings ammo....

Doesn't even own her own guns either.....

She also always needs money and a ride somewhere. Never works either.

Pretty sure she is a Democrat......

THAT you will find is never ending...DAD is always there when in need...the price goes up with age and you will never be able to refuse!!!

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    So if I pay for fuel, bring some sandwiches and some sodas you’ll take me fishing? :p
    Come on my brutha, we'll hit the coast. Your about an hour from my house. I was just up your way at Gibbons Creek on Saturday with the family pulling the kids in the tube.

Ohh...I like mayonaise on my sandwich not mustard :green:

Last edited:

Reinz

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 5, 2014
    East TX
    Yes, the dreaded Ammo Weasels! I think most gun enthusiasts deal with them.

I think they think just because I have nice stuff I can afford to pay for their Ammo too.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Not anymore but I've had erstwhile friends who'd shoot my ammunition because they 'ran out' or 'forgot it at home'.

I stopped bringing guns that chambered the same ammunition as theirs; two or three trips with nothing to shoot convinced them to be more diligent.
    Yeah, bring out the 10mm, .454, .32ACP etc and it works wonders for getting them to bring their own ammo.;)

craigntx

Masta Copypasta
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    Cypress, Tejas

Any of you guys have a friend like that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    ay carumba
    He must be from south of the border

Top Bottom