Texas
    Exactly. Just tell him what’s up.

Can’t be too frustrated with people if you don’t lay down your expectations

jetcycles

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Shoreacres, TX
    I know people like that. For me the key is that you said he WILL pay it back at some point, and that makes all the difference to me. It it "all comes out in the wash", I can cope. I know a guy that always shows up with far less supplies of any type than necessary for the task at hand...he doesnt get invited out any more.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    That is a situation I've rarely encountered. It's only with FUDDs or other non-gun people. Every time I go out with TGT folks, I am acutely aware of shooting their ammo.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Come on my brutha, we'll hit the coast. Your about an hour from my house. I was just up your way at Gibbons Creek on Saturday with the family pulling the kids in the tube.

Ohh...I like mayonaise on my sandwich not mustard :green:
    Never been to Gibbons Creek, heard a few folks mention it.

Might have to bring dry sandwiches then, no mayo for this guy.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    All I want is someone to go fishing with. If they throw a few bucks my way that's great. I've got a 24' Sportsman Master with all the trimmings.

Mainly fish Tawakoni.

As for the range. If you want to shoot my reloads that's fine with me. Just help me police up the damn brass.

gshayd

Ugliest house on the block.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    My Gun Bud is pretty good. He has my AR10 right now. He is an excellent shot. I lend him my finished rifles and he buys his own ammo and sights them in. Then takes them hunting. I guess its about time I let him test drive the AR 10 6.5 Creedmore upper.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I had a buddy from work that bought a boat for off shore fishing. His name @ work was the village idiot. I remember when he first bought the 20 foot boat. I asked if he was nuts or not & he told me he couldn't afford not to own it. I asked him WTF he was going to pull it with as he had a 4 cylinder Toyota @ the time. He assured me the boat salesmen told him that was enough truck. I was with him & his wife & kid when the transmission went out on the way home in the Toyota.

New truck put him deeper in hock so when he wanted people to go fishing with him you were expected to pay for everything. Gas for the boat & truck, food, drinks, bait & the shit he forgot like life jackets. After going twice & having a misserable time I never went again. He went thru everyone in the company real fast.

Boat ended up getting repoed with him owing more then one brand new & his was roached out. When he died suddenly in his mid 50's his sister told me there was no A/C in the house, no toilet paper, kitchen table was covered in past due bills, fridge was empty but for a few foam trays of rotten leftovers & a couple partial cans of generic soda.

His last vehicle he bought was @ 20% interest rate. Then his adult son who lived with him blew up his motor in his car. After some queer deal to get it fixed the mechanic ended up with it. He then went out on the line for a car for the boy @25% interest. When I started collecting NFA he wanted some too. He bought a few cans & H&K93 thinking it was a machine gun. I figured the kid got about $750,000.00 from insurance. I told the boy your genes are not in favor of you hanging on to your money, so you might want to hire someone. The kids mom was like a vulture when his dad died.

Reinz

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 5, 2014
    East TX
    That’s a sad story Baboon. Gotta be hard watching a friend go through that. And then seeing the son starting a similar path.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    That’s a sad story Baboon. Gotta be hard watching a friend go through that. And then seeing the son starting a similar path.
    He started work a month after I did. At one point we were roommates and his action then showed me what he was all about. When I got tired of his shit I moved farther away from work, so walking wasn't an option for him. I remember starting to build up my credit & he was clueless about it. He was indebt to a gas card just on cigarettes, cokes & $5.00 of gas daily.

He got a chick knocked up pretty quick & they were a match made in hell. They bought a house & were both making decent money but blowing it quicker then anyone in their right mind. He always had to have hunting leases, both deer & bird. The deer leases were never close & he had to finance an ATV. Then came the boat.

As the company grew it was still mobile to follow promotions, while he was tied to the house & driving more miles a day for work then I did in a week. Him & the wife divorced & he got custody of the boy. What's that tell you about her? I don't think he even got child support ever.

He moved up in the company more then I ever did & made more money on that job. I took a second seasonal job that might have made up equal. I tried to talk him into the seasonal job, but that got in the way of his hunting.

When he died I had no idea he was as in bad shape financially as he was. Once I was @ his house I hooked up a ho water heater for him. He didn't even offer up a glass of ice water then. The very last time I was over he had bought a Dillon 650. He needed help building his loading bench & he had checked out both of mine. What he had going on for a bench was total village idiot at his finest. We went to Home Depot for wood screws & bolts & he conviently forgot his wallet. I'd bet that Dillon 650 never got set up!

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    You can just not go to the range?
    I start going through withdrawals when I do that.
    Yeah, work WAY too many hours and then feel bad about leaving the house on Saturday and miss the very little time I see my kids.

I do tinker, a lot, with them which helps but haven’t had range time in a long time. Of course there is the occasional raccoon or armadillo that needs to be dispatched.

Top Bottom