• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erratadata

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    NW SAN Antonio
    Probably 25 to 30 years ago I read in American Rifleman or Guns & Ammo about this technique as a defensive round. It seems Remington produced the Multi-ball .357 with 2 balls of 000 shot for awhile, but discontinued the line. The article I read used 3 shot in a .357 or 2 shot in a .38 special. I'm not sure that 3 shot in a .357 would have enough space for a decent charge. Has anyone out there tried this? Here is a cutaway of Remington Multi-ball .357:

multiball.jpg

Andy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Dallas, TX
    These loads always seem to interst folks who aren't real confident in hitting their target. No offense meant at all to anyone, but that's just how it always strikes me.

Paul5388

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Rusk County
    Well, that maybe true, but it's been the case for over 40 years! Of course, the same could be said of the need for 15+ rounds in a gun?

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Some of the newfangled .410 self defense ammo intended for Taurus/Smith&Wesson .45 Colt revolvers use a combination of shot and a slug. I bought one box to try in a single shot .410 shot gun. Do I? Don't I?

If it patterns decently at seven yards, yes. It it blows my gun to bits, no.

CanTex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Pflugerville
    Some of the newfangled .410 self defense ammo intended for Taurus/Smith&Wesson .45 Colt revolvers use a combination of shot and a slug. I bought one box to try in a single shot .410 shot gun. Do I? Don't I?

If it patterns decently at seven yards, yes. It it blows my gun to bits, no.

I think the salient point is that this ammunition designed and built for a very short barrel pistol. So, just on the basics of KISS, shotgun loads in shotguns and pistol loads in pistols.

Having said that, 9mm it is a pistol, carbine and machine gun round. However, someone else tested it out on their equipment and did all the calculations.
    So, my two cents, IF you try it and let us know how it works I may down the line, with enough positive reports try it in my .410 single. But till that time, I would only load a shotgun with shotgun ammo.

Top Bottom