• ...and so much more!
  • TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Like others have said, the .223 Wydle is the best of both worlds. It gives you the better accuracy of the .223 round but can safely shoot the 5.56 Nato without the pressure spikes you'd get with a .223 chamber. My own personal experience is based on the 4 .223/5.56 ARs I own. Two have the .223 Wydle chambers, one has a 5.56 chamber and the fourth I'm not sure what it has since it has no markings on the barrel and it's 20+ years old. (It's probably a .223 chambered barrel designed to shoot FMJ ammo common back then.) I've been able to easily work up loads with the .223 Wydle chambered that can shoot 1/2 MOA with 24 grs of Varget and 69+ gr HPBT bullets. CFE is giving me similar results too. It's a different story with the other two ARs. I reserve those ARs for blasting mil spec ammo or cheap steel case FMJ ammo since that ammo not very accurate anyway. I could probably find a more accurate loads for the other ARs but I got tired of looking. My .223 Wydle ARs also shoot Nato and steel case ammo more accurately too. So, the .223 Wydle is the best of both worlds IMO. And it's what I'd buy if buying a barrel.

The hope would be better accuracy without any additional cost. The key factor is that all I have is NATO 556 M193 ammo so that barrel is going to have to like that round since I have a TON of it. If it doesn't I will stick with what I know and go with the 556 chambered barrel.
    Venture Surplus ad

Top Bottom