10/22 will not fire in semi auto ?

rl96ss

Well-Known
TGT Supporter
Feb 20, 2013
South Texas
I've had a takedown 10/22 for awhile decided to fire it today. Its brand new no upgrades, haven't cleaned or taken apart.
Tried some golden bullets and fired a round and the second round chambered, but trigger didn't reset. Figured it was the ammo then tried some federal I
Had and same thing. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
Dec 28, 2012
Cedar Park
Do you know how to take apart a 10/22 trigger? Its incredibly simple and I bet you could find out whats wrong. It could be the trigger disconnect isn't on right or maybe the spring is missing. Thats what it sounds like to me.

bcannon87

Dec 22, 2011
East Texas
Do you know how to take apart a 10/22 trigger? Its incredibly simple and I bet you could find out whats wrong. It could be the trigger disconnect isn't on right or maybe the spring is missing. Thats what it sounds like to me.
I 2nd this. Could also be a surface not exactly smooth and a lil sandpaper might fix it.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
Dec 24, 2012
Hill County
Do a basic field strip cleaning and try again. If problem persists, send it back as a warranty issue.

rl96ss

Well-Known
TGT Supporter
Feb 20, 2013
South Texas
Thanks fellas I'll take the trigger apart and go from there. Its just kind of a pain to send it back. If that doesn't work ill have no choice.

GlockOwner

TGT Addict
Feb 15, 2013
Dallas (Oak Cliff)
if you send it in, I think ruger usually sends a free mag to you along with the gun when it is returned to you (so I've heard). So if anything, you'll be getting a free BX-25 mag perhaps

Top Bottom