• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Specifically Pump action to deter altercation.

Don't believe everything you've seen in the movies. She might be in a situation where she does not want to give away her location, and racking the slide will do just that. I also believe in having one in the chamber, if you're serious about being ready to defend as quickly as possible.
    Gun Zone Deals

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Don't believe everything you've seen in the movies. She might be in a situation where she does not want to give away her location, and racking the slide will do just that. I also believe in having one in the chamber, if you're serious about being ready to defend as quickly as possible.
    QFT.

Last edited:

FrEaK_aCcIdEnT

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Cibolo, TX
    I have a Rem. 870 Magnum with a factory 18" barrel that I am going to slide into a Bullpup Unlimited 870 kit. Should make for the perfect HD gun. Only way to make it better is to get a 18.5" rem. choke barrel and put a 10" salvo 12 suppressor on it. That would be back to stock overall length and be balanced weight plus easier on the ears indoors if it came to that.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I'm not arguing the physics, just your claim that 12ga birdshot at close range is not going to put down a threat. Inside of 7yds it is absolutely devastating. At contact range it'll blow a clean 1in hole in the perp's face.

It's not just "his claim". Check out the vast amount of info on the webs about different shotgun loads, their penetration and spread at various ranges.

At contact range? Someone will take your shotgun and beat you with it.

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    I have,( shot pigs at close range with birdshot) and yes, they shrug it off and run into the woods. I have also skinned many pigs with all manner of small caliber rounds ( .22,.17, and bird shot) lodged under the skin completely healed over.

The healed-over small caliber rounds is irrelevant if you don't know what distance they were shot at. What do you consider close range? I'm talking inside of 7 yards.

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    It's not just "his claim". Check out the vast amount of info on the webs about different shotgun loads, their penetration and spread at various ranges.

At contact range? Someone will take your shotgun and beat you with it.

Vast info? Show me where someone survived point blank shot from a 12ga with only superficial injuries. I've done my research and most everything of the sort is anecdotal at best. A man gets shot with a .410 and shrugs it off, and all of the sudden everyone is citing that story as their source to debunk 12ga birdshot stopping power.

Tell me, what is your personal experience with 12ga birdshot?

FrEaK_aCcIdEnT

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Cibolo, TX
    I have mine loaded with 00 Buck as well. I use birdshot for fun at the range.

the way I see it, if I pull it out to use it. I'm not taking chances. I stopping the threat for sure. Be it 1 round or 6.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis

So, are you new to the internet or just new to TGT?

I'm trying to be kind to you and the other new guys, I really am.

My experience with 12 ga birdshot? I've never been shot with it within 7 yards and never shot anyone with it within 7 yards. So am I now disqualified to make suggestions based on science and reason?

I've never been shot nor shot anyone with a 9mm, perhaps I should stop carrying it?

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Vast info? Show me where someone survived point blank shot from a 12ga with only superficial injuries. I've done my research and most everything of the sort is anecdotal at best. A man gets shot with a .410 and shrugs it off, and all of the sudden everyone is citing that story as their source to debunk 12ga birdshot stopping power.

58 Birdshot Pellets Hit Hunter, Drives Himself To Safety « CBS Minnesota
    Man pleads guilty to shooting ex-girlfriend in failed drug deal
    Bearing ArmsThere's A Reason They Call It 'Birdshot' - Bearing Arms

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd

Neither of the first 2 stories states the distance nor the caliber. I'm sure you'll agree that 12ga is significantly more powerful than .410. The turkey hunter is probably using a 12ga, but 20ga is not unlikely. And like I said, without knowing the actual distance (and not just the generalization of "close range"), this instance proves nothing other than there are some dumbass hunters out there.

As for the 3rd story, the perp may not have ever been shot. It can't be proven either way.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Don't be a dumbass. When did I say personal experience with shooting humans or being shot at? Have you ever shot a medium sized animal with 12ga birdshot?

I don't need you to be nice to me. I am not new to TGT and I'm certainly not new to the Internet. The last thing I need is some liberal tw@t to feel pity for me.

Don't think you will be here all that long.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Don't be a dumbass. When did I say personal experience with shooting humans or being shot at? Have you ever shot a medium sized animal with 12ga birdshot?

I don't need you to be nice to me. I am not new to TGT and I'm certainly not new to the Internet. The last thing I need is some liberal tw@t to feel pity for me.
    You see, ive been kind to you. Now you've been unkind to me.

Load your shotgun with birdshot if you are confident that it will work for you but consider on what you are basing that confidence.

If you refuse to be educated on the subject, that is your choice.

Let us be kind to one another.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    I am not new to TGT..................
    Back off, BC was being kind and polite to you. Also you are very new to TGT since you just joined in Mar 15, so says your profile.

And, with that out of the way, birdshot is for little birds, which is why is is called birdshot. Duh!

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    My 870 isn't my HD gun, but it's loaded with 00 buck... I'd go down to #4 buck at the least. That decision isn't based off of any scientific shit though.

Load whatever the hell y'all want and do your own research outside of forums to reach your respective conclusions. Who cares what anyone thinks. If you get raped to death because your birdshot was ineffective, that's on you lol.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom