• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kidd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2009
    Chambers County, Tx.
    That's awesome! I was planning to call to check the status of the group buy on Monday.
    For customers who ordered for the JULY GROUP BUY we are starting to process those orders. Those BCG's will shipout as soon as the JULY batch arrives from being machined. Thank you to all who spread the word. If you are looking for more BCG's we are now taking orders for the AUGUST GROUP BUY.

Just now from W.F.A. website:
    Texas SOT

RandomHero

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Northwest San Antonio
    from their website

This is now for the AUGUST Group Buy of mil-spec M16 Bolt Carrier Groups. The July Group buy order is now full. We will accept orders until all 300 BCG's are sold. If less than 70% of the carriers are sold by 715/2013. We will cancel the group buy so please refer your friends to this listing to get in on the deal. All orders are final on the group buy and can not be cancelled unless we do not receive enough interest. Payment will be taken once we receive enough orders to qualify as a group buy.

For customers who ordered for the JULY GROUP BUY we are starting to process those orders. Those BCG's will shipout as soon as the JULY batch arrives from being machined. Thank you to all who spread the word. If you are looking for more BCG's we are now taking orders for the AUGUST GROUP BUY.

medalguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    New Mexico
    Well the CC rules are don't charge until ready to ship. USAA says the vendor should ship within 24 hours of billing. If these are shipping from Conroe they should be delivered in Houston next day. Wondering if I should dispute the charge and get a refund? $120 isn't all that good a deal these days. I see where I can get a DSA elsewhere for $120 as well.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    It behooves ya to read ALL the "fine print" - below is from their current GB offer, but it's the same as it was for the July offer - IMO, they're VERY upfront with the terms:

This is now for the AUGUST Group Buy of mil-spec M16 Bolt Carrier Groups. The July Group buy order is now full. We will accept orders until all 300 BCG's are sold. If less than 70% of the carriers are sold by 715/2013. We will cancel the group buy so please refer your friends to this listing to get in on the deal. All orders are final on the group buy and can not be cancelled unless we do not receive enough interest. Payment will be taken once we receive enough orders to qualify as a group buy.

RandomHero

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Northwest San Antonio
    Well the CC rules are don't charge until ready to ship. USAA says the vendor should ship within 24 hours of billing. If these are shipping from Conroe they should be delivered in Houston next day. Wondering if I should dispute the charge and get a refund? $120 isn't all that good a deal these days. I see where I can get a DSA elsewhere for $120 as well.

Youre gitting ahead of yourself here. Youre already in on the purchase, no need to dispute the charge and be "that guy" . If you need it ASAP you shouldnt have done a preorder. WF is a legit company. Ive ordered from them in the past without issue. You arent being ripped.

medalguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    New Mexico
    Well I haven't ordered from THEM but I have ordered from unspecified "other companies" who have a habit of charging credit cards and then not shipping for oh, say six months. I was just inquiring about others to see if they had received their BCG or if I need to contact either WFA or my CC company. Sounds like this is normal, but even so I don't especially like to be charged for something that hasn't been shipped. And I'm not in a hurry, just like to have a few spare parts lying around in case I run up on another cheap upper and need to complete it.

RandomHero

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Northwest San Antonio
    Well I haven't ordered from THEM but I have ordered from unspecified "other companies" who have a habit of charging credit cards and then not shipping for oh, say six months. I was just inquiring about others to see if they had received their BCG or if I need to contact either WFA or my CC company. Sounds like this is normal, but even so I don't especially like to be charged for something that hasn't been shipped. And I'm not in a hurry, just like to have a few spare parts lying around in case I run up on another cheap upper and need to complete it.
    understood. i believe there was a company recently that pulled the "we have bcgs in stock", took orders and never delivered, but it was a brand new company built around the panic to steal money. WF is on the level, as i said.

RandomHero

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Northwest San Antonio
    Just checked facebook. The carriers are complete. The bolts are still in production. Some have been billed while others have not. We should all be billed as soon as the bcgs are good to go.

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    Just got this message from West Fork regarding the July group buy...

The BCGs shipped out today. There was a delay at anodizing. Once they come in they will ship that day.

Katelyn E. Sclafani
    Director of Operations
    West Fork Armory, LLC.
    Type 07 FFL - Class 02 SOT
    Phone - (832) 566-0479
    Fax - (866) 802 - 1624

RandomHero

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Northwest San Antonio
    Just got this message from West Fork regarding the July group buy...

The BCGs shipped out today. There was a delay at anodizing. Once they come in they will ship that day.

Katelyn E. Sclafani
    Director of Operations
    West Fork Armory, LLC.
    Type 07 FFL - Class 02 SOT
    Phone - (832) 566-0479
    Fax - (866) 802 - 1624
    asked them whats up on facebook.

BCGs are shipping yesterday/today/tomorrow. they have 1000 orders and only 2 dudes packing. my payment got pulled today.

Top Bottom