• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Many speak from pure emotion and still think because he is a "kid", the deadly threat needs to be treated differently. Its a purely emotional argument that has ZERO logic.
    Capitol Armory ad

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    In 22 years, as a teacher, I was physically assaulted 7 times, had my vehicle damaged several times and was threatened dozens of times. I quit the public schools and worked in the prison system. I worked in the "ID" units....the real prisons, not the State Jails. I was FAR safer and had better support in the prison system!

I mention the above because the public thinks the schools are populated with sweet little darlings. All we hear from them is "we are doing things for the kids." I've heard that enough to make me puke. What we do in the schools is NOT for the kids, it is for our nation and our society.

My father was in a Jeep in Germany when a young kid threw a grenade into their Jeep It wounded Dad and killed two others. The two dead soldiers weren't any less dead because a kid threw the grenade. Police and teachers deal with violence EVERY DAY. The kid had a weapon and refused to lay it down. I have a pellet gun that looks so much like a "real" gun that you couldn't tell the difference unless you held it in your hand.

I would have pulled the trigger on the kid myself.

Flash

jfrey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Coastal Texas
    Roger4314 is exactly right. First of all, what is a 15 yr. old doing in the 8th grade? He should have been in high school. I teach at a high school and while I personally don't have many problems I know other teachers who have been threatened and their houses vandalized. Kids today don't respect anyone or anything. They want their way regardless. It all starts at home and a lot of people wouldn't believe where some of these kids live. I read where the mom was saying what a sweet boy he was and he went to church and all. They always say that and it is total BS. If he had of been that good he wouldn't have pulled a gun on cops. Maybe now, mom will sue the cops and Glock(or what ever brand) because the cops guns malfunctioned and operated the way they are supposed to. It's been done before.

It's a sad deal but the kid got what he had coming.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    The death of that young man went like this:

1) The kid decides to carry a pistol to school. It's a pellet gun but LOOKS like a firearm.
    2) Someone found out about the gun. He probably flashed it around and someone turned him in.
    3) Police came and ordered him to drop the weapon.
    4) He refused to drop the gun and made aggressive movements.
    5) He was shot dead.
    6) The media circus began.

Read into it what you will or worry about his age or the fact that it took place at a school but the CAUSE of his death was the decision he made in line 1 above. He made another poor choice in line 4 above. He could have stopped the confrontation immediately and chose NOT to do that. He made those decisions and suffered the consequences for them. I don't see any problem, here.

Flash

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    The death of that young man went like this:

1) The kid decides to carry a pistol to school. It's a pellet gun but LOOKS like a firearm.
    2) Someone found out about the gun. He probably flashed it around and someone turned him in.
    3) Police came and ordered him to drop the weapon.
    4) He refused to drop the gun and made aggressive movements.
    5) He was shot dead.
    6) The media circus began.

Read into it what you will or worry about his age or the fact that it took place at a school but the CAUSE of his death was the decision he made in line 1 above. He made another poor choice in line 4 above. He could have stopped the confrontation immediately and chose NOT to do that. He made those decisions and suffered the consequences for them. I don't see any problem, here.

Flash
    He didnt just flash it at school, he walked up to another kid, gun in hand, and punched him in the nose. Went downhill quick after that.

Top Bottom