• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I fear more often than not, that it is therapy as a last resort, instead of discipline in the very beginning that leads to senseless tragedies.

Be well.

I meant that the students, faculty and possibly officers would need some reassurance (therapy).

GlockontheRocks

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    McAllen, TX
    It could be that the young man was originally from Mexico. If that was the case, he very well could be detained based on reading and language comprehension. So, 15 and in 8th grade is very possible. I do believe that the officers did do their jobs. In light of the school shootings there have been in the past years, they did the right thing. As the father of a 15 year old (10th grader), I really feel for the parents. I would not like to be in their shoes at this point. The "whats" and "whys" have to be tearing them apart. Prayers out for them.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    I dont like this. Not at all.

Its a bad shoot (dunb kid w/ BB Gun) & a good shoot (by any rationale standard of UODF) at the same time.

I hate to say it, but I would have shot. Point a gun at me & I shoot you. Especially of its an active shooter situation.

I am not stopping to debate whether its airsoft or not until rounds are sent.

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    Yep.....I had one kid walking with an airs oft gun in the front of his pants. I had caught him and some friends tagging. Definitely a pucker factor. I'm not going to take time to guest the barrel diameter when it's pointed at me.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    My dog got out and was headed towards some kids wanting to play. One of the kids 12ish years old got startled and reached for his waistband. HUGE pucker factor I started to reach for mine.

Before the kid drew my dog got distracted and went off. I kept my hand on draw and approached the kid asking him what he had in his waistband. "It's not real" he said. We went back and forth and finally I disarmed him of a REAL looking gun.

Took it and told him if he wanted it back his parents could come to my house and get it.

THE closest I've come to drawing my CHL.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    My dog got out and was headed towards some kids wanting to play. One of the kids 12ish years old got startled and reached for his waistband. HUGE pucker factor I started to reach for mine.

Before the kid drew my dog got distracted and went off. I kept my hand on draw and approached the kid asking him what he had in his waistband. "It's not real" he said. We went back and forth and finally I disarmed him of a REAL looking gun.

Took it and told him if he wanted it back his parents could come to my house and get it.

THE closest I've come to drawing my CHL.

I would put my hand on my gun if a strange dog ran toward me.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    one thing about this to remember guys, AFAIK this wasn't an airsoft or cap gun with an orange tip. this was a airgun. these may not have the shot/kill ratio of a 9mm, but it is still a gun. a real gun.

perhaps not a firearm, but a bonified weapon nonetheless.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    one thing about this to remember guys, AFAIK this wasn't an airsoft or cap gun with an orange tip. this was a airgun. these may not have the shot/kill ratio of a 9mm, but it is still a gun. a real gun.

perhaps not a firearm, but a bonified weapon nonetheless.

It was the Umarex Glock airsoft. Orange tip appears to have been removed. Looks like a real gun. Reasonable person would believe it is a firearm.
    628x471.jpg

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ

Kyle42

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Tx
    Here is what gets me. People keep saying the cop should have shot to wound this kid. AYFS!! So many factors come into play when your making a precision shot with a police issued weapon and ammo. Further than that no one knows the actual distance was made from. I just picked up a S&W tactical 9mm for Christmas (from the fiancé) already put 500 rounds through it and I know from my personal experience when aiming center mass I don't miss. Aiming for the shoulder or the head I am pry 60-75% accurate. So how do they expect a police officer, whose adrenaline is pumping, who is in a school full of children to attempt a shot that not many can be completely confident will A. Hit the target and B. bring the guy down.

Don't understand the logic of some people.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Here is what gets me. People keep saying the cop should have shot to wound this kid. AYFS!! So many factors come into play when your making a precision shot with a police issued weapon and ammo. Further than that no one knows the actual distance was made from. I just picked up a S&W tactical 9mm for Christmas (from the fiancé) already put 500 rounds through it and I know from my personal experience when aiming center mass I don't miss. Aiming for the shoulder or the head I am pry 60-75% accurate. So how do they expect a police officer, whose adrenaline is pumping, who is in a school full of children to attempt a shot that not many can be completely confident will A. Hit the target and B. bring the guy down.

Don't understand the logic of some people.
    People who say that have never fired a gun before, and likely never had to use force against another human being

Top Bottom