18 year old handgun owner.

gladi8r

Jun 5, 2008
Troy Tx
Does anyone know what are the stipulations of a 18 year old man owning a pistol in the Great state of Texas. I know that they cant conceal carry but what are the matters of them transporting the pistol to and from the range, Thanks in advance.

DirtyD

Well-Known
Sep 20, 2008
Spring
Can own it if legaly qualified, but cannot purchase handgun or ammo, if they are in the military they can obtain a CHL, however still cannot purchase a handgun or ammo....

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
May 28, 2008
Ft Worth, TX
Can own it if legaly qualified, but cannot purchase handgun or ammo, if they are in the military they can obtain a CHL, however still cannot purchase a handgun or ammo....
Almost. Cannot purchase from a licensed dealer. Federal law makes NO comment about ownership, but rather possession and transferring.

chris_arnet

Dec 20, 2008
You can't purchase from anyone with an FFL, or a business or anything. Academy, Bass Pro, Dicks, etc. However you can legally buy a handgun from a private seller, i.e. one you might find on here. Also, you can carry a gun around in your car at 18, just can't conceal it on your person. Its the safe transportation law or somethin like that. Im about to buy a WWII 1911 after I get another $500 or so, and im 18.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud
Every Day Man

Forum statistics

Threads