1911 aftermarket magazines

Patrón

Feb 28, 2008
San Antonio
My son just bought a Springfield 1911 and it only came with one magazine.
What do some of you guys recommend for aftermarket magazines?

JKTex

Well-Known
Mar 11, 2008
DFW, North Texas
I prefer sticking with the brand names like Wilson, Kimber, Colt, Springfield, etc.
The thing about that is they are all made by someone else. And you don't always know who's providing their mags. Wilson of course being the exception as they make mags.

Adding to the list of the top mags, Wilson all ready mentioned, (ETM best) is probably the best out there, Tripp (Tripp Research, they're here in Texas also), Chip McCormick Power mags and others are good as well.

I use MecGar officers for my CC, I also have CMC (Chip McCormick) Shotting Stars (cheaper line) with either Tripp rebuild kits (spring and hybrid follower) or Wolff springs. I also have some Kimbers that once were made by McCormick, but the ones with the skirted followers but also with Wolff springs.

I've hear a lot of people say they really like the SPringfield mags as well. I think they're made by ACT Mag. They supply mags for a lot of people, Les Baer included I believe.

mac79912

Well-Known
BANNED!!!
Mar 4, 2008
Wilson 47d is the way to go.I have several 1911's and the Wilson mag's are 100% reliable.

TAZ

Well-Known
Oct 17, 2008
Round Rock
Wilson 47D's are great, however, my TRP would not for the life of me function reliably with them. PowerMags worked great in every 1911 I have run. Moral of the story, beg or borrow some to try in YOUR gun before plunking down for a dozen or so.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud
Every Day Man

Forum statistics

Threads