• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    If I ever owned a 1911 that worked, i'd have kept it long enough to post a pic of in this thread.

Hummm.... Official U.S. Military sidearm:

Colt M1911 = 75 yrs

Beretta M9 (92FS) = 32 yrs

Sig Sauer M17 (P320) = ?

--
    What we need is more unemployed politicians.
    Gun Zone Deals

ussoldier1984

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    DFW area
    If I ever owned a 1911 that worked, i'd have kept it long enough to post a pic of in this thread.
    Maybe the 1911 does not like you lol

Here is a pic of my 1911, its a kimber ultra carry II. Don't mind the kimber micro 9mm next to it I for some reason couldn't find a pic of it by itself

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015

All dozen or so of mine work quite well.

Funny, all the problems I see others having when at the range are with glocks or similar plastic pistols. Never 1911's.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    All dozen or so of mine work quite well.

Funny, all the problems I see others having when at the range are with glocks or similar plastic pistols. Never 1911's.

Funny you mention that. Most of the time I see people struggling at the range with a pistol I ask then what they are lubricating it with and I get a deer in the headlight look. I look at the gun and it's bone dry or covered in lint. A few drops of CLP though and 99% of the time every gun runs. Then they always seem to say. Well, I won't own any gun that has to be kept greasy. Because it collects dust and jambs or some other lame excuse.

1911 or Glock. Sig or M&P all run. It's the jokers at the range that are giving their guns a bad name. I remember when you use to buy a 1911, shoot 200-500 rounds and then take it to a Smith to have it worked over. Usually that first 200 or so was "problematic". These guys are lucky if they shoot 200 rounds.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Now that you mention SA, I did have to return a SA. Verified it was fixed and functioning properly, then sold it to a SA fan.

But my Sig, Colt, AMT, Guncrafter 1911's all run great.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    They've "fixed" two different 1911s for me. One I sent back a second time just because I knew I was gonna sell it since as soon as it got back since I had bad luck with it. Didn't even test fire it, just sold it with a clean conscience.

The second one I traded for a glock 19 and some cash to a guy who was lying like a mofo to me about a bunch of mods that were done to it that I knew weren't actually on there, so I have no guilt.

jeepinbanditrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Dallas
    I'm not a huge 1911 fan. I do think that everyone should have at least one in the gun cabinet. I had a PT1911 that I ran in single stack for about a year. Ran like a champ. I sold it after that year of ownership.

I recently picked up another 1911 around Christmas time. A RIA 1911A1 "Tactical" been a great gun so far. Haven't done any high volume days with it though.

Curtis R

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2017
    Austin, Texas
    Hello all. I recently picked up this .45 cal Colt Combat Commander (along with a 22 conversion kit). I wrote Colt to inquire about age and learned it was manufactured in 1977. I have not shot it yet but looking forward to it. Does anyone have opinions on this model?

Attachments

• IMG_7930.JPG
      IMG_7930.JPG
      1.7 MB · Views: 155
    • IMG_7931.JPG
      IMG_7931.JPG
      1.8 MB · Views: 146
    • IMG_7928.JPG
      IMG_7928.JPG
      2 MB · Views: 162

OIF2

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Hill Country
    Nice Commander. Not only fun to shoot, but getting collectible. You won't loose money on that one. Hammer might bite the web of your hand, depending on how you hold the pistol and how thick your paws are. Just remember: you can never have too many Colts.
    Bob

Top Bottom