• ...and so much more!
  • satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    avvidclif,

You haven't heard "diesel rattle" until you listen to a 4BT Cummins at idle.
    (I used to own a "potato chip truck" by Grumann with 4BT & 5-speed manual transmission.)

Dred

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Comped .45. Clark barrel. I run liberty in it for SD and it runs them like a 9mm. EGW ignition controls. S&A mag well. This is a TRP.

Very nice ... I recognized the comp. I run it with my 460 and when I finally get a 45 suppressor, the threaded barrel will do quiet duty as well.

Churchmouse

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2017
    Indy west
    I am carrying this one today.
    Fusion frame/slide, Infinity barrel, EGW controls, VZ grips, A personal mix of Bronze/black color.

SvxyHTF.jpg

ShCO8m9.jpg

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Don't think I've posted this one...kind of a rare bird. .38 Super made for the Mexican Feds. Stocks and lefty safety added later. Great carry gun for those quick shopping trips to TJ, Nuevo Laredo, Ensenada, etc.
    Bob

DSC_1858_zps1725dc98.jpg

DSC_1859_zps0ea67811.jpg

OIF2,

NICE Super!!! = Fwiw, I carried a similar Colt's GM in .38 Super when I worked the border area around El Paso 20+ years ago. - One of my associates "down there" was a CPT in the State Judicial Police & did me many a good turn.
    As he constantly drooled over my handgun, when I left for an OCONUS assignment, I gave it to him.

The next time that I saw him & the pistol, he had had all the lettering filled with gold, his name/unit/rank engraved on the slide & gold-filled AND all the "small parts" plated in 18KT gold.
    The pistol also had Mother of Pearl grips.
    (I laughed to myself about his "decorated gun" & presumed that he isn't a believer in GEN Patton's sayings. = CHUCKLE.)

GAUDY guns are quite popular across the river.
    (I also knew a narcotics agent down there who had had both a BHP & a Walther PP completely engraved, then plated in 22KT yellow gold & fitted with real ivory grips, with his name engraved thereon.)

yours, satx

Last edited:

Mungle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Has anyone heard back from the CMP about their 1911 order? Random Number Generator picking was supposed to have started last Friday.

ZIG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Sugar Land
    My favorite two.

I like them because they are the only two I can afford lol

I like 1911 because of its rich history and the smart design. I love it also because it feels like a gun. Don’t get me wrong I have quite a few polymer frame guns and I love them.
    216dd7877c036e137af68da1c7c7f5de.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OIF2

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Hill Country
    Has anyone heard back from the CMP about their 1911 order? Random Number Generator picking was supposed to have started last Friday.

Not going to happen for another 30 days or so. According to the admin folks they want to make sure they get all the packets in that are postmarked by Oct 4. Then they have to go through the packets to ascertain that the packet is correct. Supposedly there were 17,000 packets received. That gives anyone who submitted a 1911 packet a 50% chance of success. Should be interesting to see what guns start showing up in a few months. All the ones I've seen are ANAD rebuilds from the late '70's and early '80's. Heavy on the sandblasting, but they look pretty good.
    Bob

Last edited:
    Top Bottom