• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I have a 01 ram 2500 4x4 and haven't had a single issue with my auto hubs, the rear diff is a different story I'm on my 3rd but they were under warranty apparently the use a special dodge only fluid.

Pretty sure it doesn't have auto hubs in an 01. If anything it's got an axle disconnect at the diff.

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    011.jpg

My work truck.

TexasDad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2011
    Universal City
    Dodge kinda pissed me off that way. They went from having some of the best drive trains made, but crappy bodys, to nice bodies and problems with the drive trains. If they could get the two together they'd be doin' great!

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    never know, should email him, lol. I looked into my association. If you get the 2.5 deuce, you don't need the different class license, then it wouldn't violate my HOA, lol. I almost went for one, but just bought back my old motorcycle instead, lol. would like to pick up a bobbed deuce within a year and a half though.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    They are auto I have the factory build sheet, front d60 automatic locking hubs 4:10 gear ratio.

It's automatic, but it's not in the hubs. I just looked it up; the hubs are sealed hub and bearing assemblies. The D60 on that truck uses a vacuum-operated sliding collar to lock and unlock the driver front axle shaft. On the 3850 lb version of the D60, the locking assembly is on the passenger side shaft. On the 4850 lb D60, it's on the driver side. Look at your front GAWR to tell which it is and look for a box attached to the tube with a vacuum hose or two run to it. It'll be there.

Top Bottom