Jul 1, 2011
    1087.gif

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    I'm always a bit leery of going to a show on a weekend when there are two at the same time. Some vendors do both, which means it dilutes the number of firearms vendors (though there will be plenty of tee shirts, cheap knives, etc). And if I'm going to GRB I have to pay to park. At least when I go to the Pasadena show (closest one to here) I don't have to pay to park. And many times I just renew/extend my NRA membership and get in free at that one. But at the GRB, you're out almost $20 before you get in the door. And I've gone to that one a couple times and there were hardly any non "arts and crafts" vendors there. It's especially worse when there's another show the same weekend.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    I'm always a bit leery of going to a show on a weekend when there are two at the same time. Some vendors do both, which means it dilutes the number of firearms vendors (though there will be plenty of tee shirts, cheap knives, etc). And if I'm going to GRB I have to pay to park. At least when I go to the Pasadena show (closest one to here) I don't have to pay to park. And many times I just renew/extend my NRA membership and get in free at that one. But at the GRB, you're out almost $20 before you get in the door. And I've gone to that one a couple times and there were hardly any non "arts and crafts" vendors there. It's especially worse when there's another show the same weekend.

The number of arts and crafts vendors generally depend on who is the promoter of the event.

If you don't mind a short walk, there is plenty of free parking on the weekends downtown, and some spots close you have to know about to find :)

If I had to choose, the Premiere guys beat out the High Caliber guys imho by a little bit.

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    The number of arts and crafts vendors generally depend on who is the promoter of the event.

If you don't mind a short walk, there is plenty of free parking on the weekends downtown, and some spots close you have to know about to find :)

If I had to choose, the Premiere guys beat out the High Caliber guys imho by a little bit.

I don't mind the walk, but would have no idea where to look as I don't go down there very often. And with a convertible, I want to be sure of where I do park. Too easy for someone to cut their way in, even if there's nothing in there to get.

And I like the High Caliber shows a bit better. I've seen shows by both on successive weekends. Same vendor with the same item tends to have a higher price at the Premier than the High Caliber. Both have their share of arts and crafts. A bit more at the High Caliber, but there is some at either one.

rgwalt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Houston Heights
    I may stop by the GRB show tomorrow afternoon to look for some stripped lowers. If anyone went Saturday, I'd love a report. I was supposed to split a table there this weekend, but that fell through thanks to holiday plans. I think I will be able to spend an hour or two over there if I'm willing to take my daughter with me.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    I may stop by the GRB show tomorrow afternoon to look for some stripped lowers. If anyone went Saturday, I'd love a report. I was supposed to split a table there this weekend, but that fell through thanks to holiday plans. I think I will be able to spend an hour or two over there if I'm willing to take my daughter with me.

If you don't find them for a decent price, Pasadena Gun Center has stripped lowers for about $55 in stock.

Rebel

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    ...But at the GRB, you're out almost $20 before you get in the door. And I've gone to that one a couple times and there were hardly any non "arts and crafts" vendors there.

You just described most of the gun shows I've been to in California.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Fine, no one will report on the shows I'll go see for my self.

Hope to be at Conroe one by noon.

strantor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    houston
    I've only ever been to high caliber @ GRB. I was hoping they would be there this weekend but found out they were up in conroe, a little disappointed, but I decided I would make the drive up there anyway. But then I found out there IS (another - premier) gun show @ GRB. But I never heard of premier gun show and I don't know whether to spend my trip on them or continue with my plans for conroe. GRB is much closer to me and I would rather go there if premier doesn't suck.

So whats the word gents? What's a bigger waste of my time? Time spent on the Road to conroe or time spent inside the GRB premier gun show?

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    I would hit the GRB show and see the difference between the promoters and vendors.

IMHO Premiere and High Caliber are both on the same level. Below the HGCA shows, but better that all the other little shows that pop up around here.

Remember street parking is free on Sundays for most of downtown. Pays to read the signs.

Top Bottom