• rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    Hmmm guy has an oil filter bolted to an AR upper

Is that legal and a good idea to display
    According to the ATF, the lower is the actual firearm. So, I'd say it's legal. However, knowing the ATF, they'd deem it under "constructive intent" or something and come down on you. While by the letter you might be good, I wouldn't risk it.
    Texas SOT

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    According to the ATF, the lower is the actual firearm. So, I'd say it's legal. However, knowing the ATF, they'd deem it under "constructive intent" or something and come down on you. While by the letter you might be good, I wouldn't risk it.

IMO, this = Bad, vely bad JuJu.
    Mr.ATFMan gonna whack his pee-pee.

rgwalt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Houston Heights
    If you don't find them for a decent price, Pasadena Gun Center has stripped lowers for about $55 in stock.

Runner Runner was at the GRB. Picked up two matrix aerospace lowers from them for $55 each. I also got a TX flag billet lower for $120. I couldn't pass their great prices up! Plus they were super friendly and easy to work with!

I passed on a NIB beretta 21A bobcat inox for $250 out the door. I'm kind of regretting that move as they go for $320+ online, but I really don't need another 21A.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Runner Runner was at the GRB. Picked up two matrix aerospace lowers from them for $55 each. I also got a TX flag billet lower for $120. I couldn't pass their great prices up! Plus they were super friendly and easy to work with!

I passed on a NIB beretta 21A bobcat inox for $250 out the door. I'm kind of regretting that move as they go for $320+ online, but I really don't need another 21A. 

Thanks for that report. Glad to see so many inexpensive lowers out on the market.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    A vendor at the Conroe show had the PA 2moa micro dots listed at $199.

Me: Is that what they're listed for on their site?

Him: grabs calculator then suddenly lowers price to $170. Went on to say his son was marking prices and messed up.

I pull up PA's site and tell him they are $106.

He said I should buy there because that's more than he paid.

Douchetard :facepalm:

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    as long as there is not a hole in the filter its a solvent trap.

strantor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    houston
    I would hit the GRB show and see the difference between the promoters and vendors.

IMHO Premiere and High Caliber are both on the same level. Below the HGCA shows, but better that all the other little shows that pop up around here.

Remember street parking is free on Sundays for most of downtown. Pays to read the signs.

I agree. The Premier seemed about the same as High Caliber, although its been almost 2 years since last time I went to High Caliber. Decent gun show and I don't feel like any of my time was wasted.

I picked up:
    NIB pink Walther P22 for my 8y/o daughter; $360
    1,000 Remington.22LR for Daughter's Walther; $100
    "used" (USED?) Mossberg MMR; $599
    1,000 Federal American Eagle 5.56 for Mossberg; $320

The MMR is my first AR. I know it doesn't make anybody's top 10 list of AR's, but it's all that was in my budget. It has upgraded to pop-up folding sights and 6 position padded buttstock. I could not find any evidence that it had ever been fired - I guess that could mean good things or bad things. I'm too noob to know if I'm looking at a polished turd or a gem. There was not a single scratch on it at all. Not as much as a fingerprint on the shell deflector. I did not see any wear at all through the ejection port (although not sure if I would be able to identify wear if it were there).

After the gun show I took my daughter to the range and we shot our new guns. I put ~200 rounds through The AR and it shot just fine; knocked some paint/powdercoat/bluing/whatever it is off the shell deflector. I'm happy with it even if it is a turd, ignorance is bliss. My daughter's Walther though, wouldn't fire. Hammer would fall, but no bang. I couldn't figure it out and so I called the range master over and he messed with it for a few minutes before calling another guy on the radio. That guy came in and figured it out in less than a minute; we had the safety on. I felt like one big dumbass, but at least I was redeemed a little by the first range master not being able to figure it out either. The Walther has the safety backwards from every pistol I've ever shot (up is fire, down is safe), and when the safety is on, the hammer still falls on a trigger pull, just not all the way to the firing pin.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom