• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    1) What do you like most about the site? Classifieds. I also like not seeing a bunch of babies here. :)
    2) What do you dislike the most about the site? --
    3) What would you like for the site to add more of? --
    4) Are there any ideas for videos, product reviews, etc.? --
    5) If you ran this site, what would you do differently? Nothing, as I see it is going great.
    6) Do you feel the site is ran fairly? I think so
    7) How would you feel about a yearly Moderator Election? On this site I dont see any abuse of power like elsewhere. I dont think it needs to be a certain "term limit" lol
    8) Do you like our new YouTube channel? (Click Here to Visit it and Subscribe) Have yet to visit it, but I will.
    I dont post that often, but IMO its a great site.
    Hurley's Gold

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    1) What do you like most about the site? Laws, and the discussions.. Good or Bad, I like the activity.
    2) What do you dislike the most about the site? The anti-cop BS. It seems that some people think anyone who disagrees with laws or things law enforcement does must be some kind of Anarchist.
    3) What would you like for the site to add more of?
    4) Are there any ideas for videos, product reviews, etc.?
    5) If you ran this site, what would you do differently?
    6) Do you feel the site is ran fairly?Sure do.
    7) How would you feel about a yearly Moderator Election?
    8) Do you like our new YouTube channel? (Click Here to Visit it and Subscribe):patriot:

mage2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    south of texas capitol
    It's that time again ... time to get feedback and comments on what we can do to improve TGT for you. Take a moment to answer these questions ... and as always, if you want to PM the answers to me, that's fine as well.

If there are any other comments, feel free to list them in your reply. We need your ideas and feedback to make the site better for you. We've started the Man Cave, Knife forum, increased PMs, reduced post counts for classifieds, etc. based off of your responses. So let's hear it!

1) What do you like most about the site?
    the badgers that are here, I have had the honor to meet a good portion of the people from this forum and think that the people are what makes this board nice

2) What do you dislike the most about the site?
    hm that i dont get more free stuff, heh

How to's are great,

Product reviews are nice but are done so often on forums and bloggish type things that it feels like its "been done"

no idea. i have run sites, its a huge pain in the ass and dont wish that on anyone

6) Do you feel the site is ran fairly?
    I havent seen anything that really made me feel like anyone was getting picked on. there are disagreements, shit happens, trolls are removed after a little fun.

I dont know if thats really needed, yearly is a long time and much can change in a year. i think quarterly or every 6 months. but a year wouild work too.

8) Do you like our new YouTube channel? (Click Here to Visit it and Subscribe)

youtube channel is ok havent used it much but am taking another look

Texastransplant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Purmela, Texas
    Keep up the good work. Texas is a great state, I come from Illinois. You have to keep on your toes or politicians will do in Texas what they have done in Illinois. We have to email our reps and let them know our concerns and keep their phone lines busy.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Getting to know the guys and slinging a few jokes at each other.

I'd like to see items on the classifieds removed when the items sell. It's difficult to wade through the older, inactive posts to find a live one. All the action and interaction between members seems to center around Austin. I'm East of Houston and feel like I'm in Siberia!

Utube flicks of actual shooting events. I loved the ones that I've seen!

I love the funny ones and have busted a gut on many occasions.

I don't have a bit of problem with management. You guys are more than fair and zing someone only when he really gets out of line. Id like to see more participation from East Texas. I wish I could participate in some of the activities.

6) Do you feel the site is run fairly?
    Yes

Why? That suggests that the Mods aren't doing well and we need to replace them. The reason one should be replaced is if they wore out or burned out and basically to give them a break. I suspect the biggest strain comes from bitching and whining. That's a shame. These guys are adults and need to man up.

8) Do you like our new YouTube channel? (Click Here to Visit it and Subscribe)I'll check it out. Have no experience with it.We hit a new participation record recently and I wonder why we need to change anything. If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

Good job, guys! Just keep doing what you're doing!

Flash

Willisrad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Dripping Springs, TX
    I've been a member of all kinds of different forums, and this seems to be one of the most well run forums.

Between the layout, the people, etc, I am definitely impressed so far.

OldCurlyWolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    Tulia
    It's that time again ... time to get feedback and comments on what we can do to improve TGT for you. Take a moment to answer these questions ... and as always, if you want to PM the answers to me, that's fine as well.

If there are any other comments, feel free to list them in your reply. We need your ideas and feedback to make the site better for you. We've started the Man Cave, Knife forum, increased PMs, reduced post counts for classifieds, etc. based off of your responses. So let's hear it!

1) What do you like most about the site? content
    2) What do you dislike the most about the site? limited access I have not been able to access LEO threads to post
    3) What would you like for the site to add more of? nothing comes to mind
    4) Are there any ideas for videos, product reviews, etc.? NO
    5) If you ran this site, what would you do differently? Structure the access slightly differently
    6) Do you feel the site is ran fairly? Haven't been here long enough.
    7) How would you feel about a yearly Moderator Election? New Idea to me
    8) Do you like our new YouTube channel? I don't YouTube (Click Here to Visit it and Subscribe)
    :confused:

cazador1022

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    border war zone EL PASO TX
    1- the sections fot the different cities
    2-sales should have a section for your own city or area.
    3-links to shooting events/competition
    4-sure please review common /normal items we can afford, not an english double that we can only see in a tv show
    5-idk its pretty good already. OUTREACH to non shooters by including sections on other outdoor activities as HOOKS (mountain biking/camping ect..)
    6-YES
    7-ok
    8-yes, I HOPE this helps

TexasR.N.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Rampart
    Howdy

1) What do you like most about the site? No heavy handed Mods, threads don't get locked unless they really get out of control.
    2) What do you dislike the most about the site? Nothing comes to mind.
    3) What would you like for the site to add more of? No need to fix something that's not broken.
    4) Are there any ideas for videos, product reviews, etc.? I am stuck in the land of dial-up, no video watching for me.
    5) If you ran this site, what would you do differently? Nothing.
    6) Do you feel the site is ran fairly? Yes.
    7) How would you feel about a yearly Moderator Election? Sure, why not.
    8) Do you like our new YouTube channel? (Click Here to Visit it and Subscribe)See above.
    I wish I had more to post but mostly I lurk, and learn as much as I can.

Craig

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Good folks hang out here, the moderators keep things under control without being complete a-holes about it, and, well GUN STUFF is fun

I'm drawing a blank on this one.

Wish there was a bit more reloading - but that's kinda up to the participants

Would be nice to see some tutorials or such on things like building an AR

I have to skip this one - I'm fairly happy with the admin.

Very.

Ok.

Guess I need to check it out.

Guess I haven't been very helpful, but I am honest.

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    There is great info here all the time, and I really appreciate that it's localized to Texas. I also appreciate that you and a few others are affiliated with a place I do business with.

I've not really found anything to dislike.

Hmm, not really sure, it's pretty good as it is.

Yeah, as soon as someone can review a Kel-Tec KSG, I'll be all over that!!

I have no critique.

Yes, absolutely.

Don't know.

8) Do you like our new YouTube channel (Click Here to Visit it and Subscribe)
    Yes, that is something to expand upon.

Last but not least, thanks for all you do!!

Shooter04

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2010
    Katy, TX

The members are all helpful and nice. I'm a member of a few other forums and it seems half of everyone is a douche.

Not much really.

Maybe subforums under the main ones. Like under the "Rifles" forum, have a forum for technical advice, stocks/furniture, magazines/attachments.

Also a section dedicated to sweet deals online would be cool. Like if a member stumbles across a site selling .223 for cheap, have a section dedicated to that where they can post a link. I'm always up for ammo deals

Don't understand the question lol

Subsections under each main forum for specific things related to the main forum

Most def

haven't been around long enough to say.

8) Do you like our new YouTube channel? (Click Here to Visit it and Subscribe)Wasn't aware we had one...but now I do. Subscribing!

Answers in red

Coalsmoke

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2011
    Pittsboro North Carolina
    1) I like the Wide variety of topics and information available here.
    2) I'll let you know when I find something I dislike.
    3) discussion on particulars of the concealed carry law in Texas as well as the Open Carry Law.
    4) Comparative and informational videos on gun testing for specific uses and individuals.
    5) Spend all my time at the range resulting in a poorly run site.
    6) I ain't been kicked off yet so, sure!
    7) Not a bad Idea if you have enough volunteers to warrant an election.
    8) First thing I saw on it was firing of an M3, Oh Yeah I Like it !!

Lil'Joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Houston
    1) What do you like most about the site? Local content
    2) What do you dislike the most about the site? Nothing

chubbyzook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    houston
    1: ease of use
    2:i have yet to have any complaints
    3:more gun pictures (nothing the mods can do about that one)
    4:merchant reviews would be a good place to start so we know where the best places to order/pick up parts and or guns from
    5:not much the admins/mods are doing a great job
    6:the site is run really fairly
    7:that would be cool
    8:i dont watch youtube much but i will check the channel out anyways

SiscoKid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SE TEXAS
    I'm not sure why, not being an expert on Site Moderation, but this site seems to be over moderated.

I get the feeling that I'm walking on egg shells here and that open debate is being stymied. Soon as someone posts something to draw out an opinion, he either gets slammed or someone higher up will tell him to shut up. I'm sure that there are some legalities that must be adhered to and folks cannot be allowed to rage on willy-nilly.

On some other sites that I frequent, I see extremes in both directions. One site allows no personal attacks even as a joke. Another site allows them to almost come to blows theoretically speaking, but the ones going off the deep edge do get flagged for "unsportsmanlike conduct". Too many of those and they are whacked.

The site with the rigid rules has very little traffic anymore, no debate on current issues, and I get the feeling that I'm in a church when on there. The other site has hundreds of posts, it's wild and wolly, and one is free to express one's opinion, like it or not. I know my limitations there and never get a "penalty".

I would like to see more debate here because what happens in Texas is very important to me and Texas business is seldom discussed on a nationwide board.

Top Bottom