• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Plano Mark

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Plano Texas
    1) Lots of topics and local info.
    2) I wish the local info was more active.
    3) I think it is complete.
    4) Nope
    5) No
    6) Nothing
    7) No opinion
    8) Haven't looked at it.

Just been here a couple months, too early for me to establish a stong opinion or advice. But I like this Forum.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    1) What do you like most about the site? As others have stated, it's state-specific and has information not readily available on other forums. Plus, there is a lot of outstanding expertise on here.

2) What do you dislike the most about the site? Honestly, I think the off-topic forum sections are a waste of time. If you want to talk politics and/or religion, go find a forum that addresses those topics. Unless it's gun-related, it doesn't belong on a gun forum.

I know it's easy to say just avoid those thread, but I think it really paints a bad picture of this great forum with all the Obama/Muslim/Whatever bashing topics that are continually posted. Several gun forums I also frequent have strict policies against such controversial topics, and I think it would do well on here to keep them contained more. As for actualy gun-related debates, that's fine as long as it is an argument supported by points and not degrading into name-calling or baseless accusations of being a liberal because someone doesn't agree with your views.

Lastly, and it does appear that I am bitching a lot, but it would be nice if people would put a little more efforts into what they post. Some of the comments on here look like they were written by an illiterate menstruating psychopath! I understand occasional typing and grammar errors, but it conveys a better message if folks would take a second and review what they are about to post to ensure it makes sense and is readable.

3) What would you like for the site to add more of? I think the site is pretty balanced as it is, with the exception of too much off-topic/controversial threads.

4) Are there any ideas for videos, product reviews, etc.? The ability to embed videos would be nice, I would think the software would allow that but I can’t say for sure.

5) If you ran this site, what would you do differently? See above comments

6) Do you feel the site is ran fairly? Quite so. Even when I was the subject of moderator actual, it was deserved and fairly administered.

7) How would you feel about a yearly Moderator Election? No, the responsibility of this site belongs to its owners and they are the ones who need to determine who should moderate it, not the participants.

8) Do you like our new YouTube channel? It’s like having a TGT Facebook page, it’s a nice feature but it’s not what I joined up for. I’d rather be able to embed videos into the forum itself.

Thanks for asking!

Cheers! M2

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    1) What do you like most about the site?
    99% of it is fun and filled with helpful and real people. Very little of the BS on many other sites.
    2) What do you dislike the most about the site?
    It doesn't like the pictures from my camera (not really a complaint, I just have to remember to use the correct settings)
    3) What would you like for the site to add more of?
    4) Are there any ideas for videos, product reviews, etc.?
    I like reviews of guns and stuff. There are a lot good video's out there on the web. Either some beginner stuff or a link to some good videos wouldn't be a bad idea
    5) If you ran this site, what would you do differently?
    Not much. I think the collection of people on the site has changed a little.
    6) Do you feel the site is ran fairly?
    Yes, almost all the time.
    7) How would you feel about a yearly Moderator Election?
    (shrug) I don't feel they are necessary. Your the boss.
    8) Do you like our new YouTube channel? (Click Here to Visit it and Subscribe)
    The ones I have, I do Havn't looked at it much.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    It's that time again ... time to get feedback and comments on what we can do to improve TGT for you. Take a moment to answer these questions ... and as always, if you want to PM the answers to me, that's fine as well.

If there are any other comments, feel free to list them in your reply. We need your ideas and feedback to make the site better for you. We've started the Man Cave, Knife forum, increased PMs, reduced post counts for classifieds, etc. based off of your responses. So let's hear it!

8) Do you like our new YouTube channel? (Click Here to Visit it and Subscribe)
    I think overall its a very well run site with few, if any changes needing to be made (as of right now). we get the occasional turd who comes in and rags on everything that everybody posts but you seem to be addressing that on an as needed basis, so I really dont think you need to change much.
    I would not be for voting on who the mods are. We have decent mods as is. I think it wouldnt and couldnt make the site better, but could make it worse, depending on who got elected.
    Being a popular memeber doesnt always equate to being a good moderator.

Keep up the good work in 2011.

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    1) What do you like most about the site? its a gun site and we get to talk about guns!! and politics.....

2) What do you dislike the most about the site? people who WHINE about certain sub-forum topics!! hey i know, if ya dont like it dont enter it!!

3) What would you like for the site to add more of? can't think of anything really.

4) Are there any ideas for videos, product reviews, etc.? none at this time.

5) If you ran this site, what would you do differently? nothing.

6) Do you feel the site is ran fairly? actually yes.

7) How would you feel about a yearly Moderator Election? i think thats up to the mods to pick em.

8) Do you like our new YouTube channel? not interested. just like i dont have a myspace or facebook pg. iam not 12 yrs old........

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    Just two. Turn on the dirty word filter and put a "noindex" on the Man Cave so the robots don't find it. You know, so we can look all cultured and smart and "stuff".

CanTex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Pflugerville
    2011: What can TGT do for you?

Keep doing what you are doing. I find a lot of great information and views here. Have connected with a couple people who have assisted me in getting better informed on a range of items.

I second the idea of a place for takedown - re-assembly as well as exploded diagrams on guns.

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    Easy to use and navigate. Signing up was easy. Good points of view.
    Fine so far.
    Can't think of a thing.
    Drawing a blank here. For now, folks can post reviews or ask for opinions on products/services.
    No idea.
    Yes.
    Ambivalent. Never really interact with mods.
    8) Do you like our new YouTube channel?
    Wasn't aware there was one.

outdare

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    Cumby
    The diverse topics and individual inputs.
    It is all good.
    Most things are covered
    The ideas listed above all seem good.
    Nothing it is good as it is
    Yes
    They should be appointed by management.
    8) Do you like our new You Tube channel?
    Yes

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    Exactly as stated by several other members: It's state specific. That - believe it or not - makes a huge difference.
    Nothing so far. We get our fair share of trolls, and know it alls, but that's just society. You get that from day to day anyway. The relative anonymity of the internet just makes some folks quite brave.
    Nothing comes to mind. As Wolfwood stated, it's really a user driven forum. So if a user has something they want to add, they usually just start a new thread.
    Maybe some links to a few product reviews, but the fan base here is so diverse, I wouldn't know where to start. As far as videos go, I think the YouTube channel does a fine job on it's own. The only problem I can possibly foresee with them is if they ever decide to stop sponsoring firearms related videos (we all know - it can happen!).
    Nothing really comes to mind.
    Absolutely! If it wasn't, I'd simply have left and gone to another site.
    Maybe people can suggest that a certain person be considered as a moderator whenever they feel. But that could also become a popularity contest. And as someone else put it: Just because someone is a popular member, doesn't mean they'll make a good Moderator.
    I haven't been there much, but I like what I have seen so far.

smschulz

Paid for CUT
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Overall nice but IMO there are too many topics with too little activity.
    Prefer not to have to jump around more than necessary and sometimes it is confusing where something is.
    I will just use the "new posts" button in the mean time.
    YMMV and Happy New Year everyone!

San Antone RR

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    San Antonio
    Like many have said: state specific and that is very important. The trolls get dealt with swiftly so the stink is minimal. Mod nominations, perhaps, but the current staff sets the temperature and the staff should be the ones to pick the Mods.
    I like the youtube channel.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    1) What do you like most about the site? I like that it's Texas specific, keeps out all the riff raff.

2) What do you dislike the most about the site? It's a distraction at work.

3) What would you like for the site to add more of? Free guns and/or for me, but seriously, I think it's pretty good as-is.

4) Are there any ideas for videos, product reviews, etc.? Embedded videos (maybe you already can but I dont know how)

5) If you ran this site, what would you do differently? Schedule more "acutal reality" events (e.g. TGT shoots, etc.), but really it's a great site like it is. I'd make small tweaks and avoid large changes. If you want more members, do some offline events or marketing, maybe free bumper stickers.

6) Do you feel the site is ran fairly? Yeah, no problems here.

7) How would you feel about a yearly Moderator Election? It's your site dude, you should be able to pick who you want. It would be neat to have a feedback system for them though to provide ratings and comments. You could use that as input when making your decisions, plus it would be fun if they Mods didn't have acess to alter their own ratings and we could read them all.

8) Do you like our new YouTube channel? Haven't been out to it yet, but planning on checking it out. I'm too lazy to leave the forum.

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound

Its run well and has a lot of good insight on diverse topics

Trolls, but what are you going to do? It's a public forum.

Get togethers and gear are nice. I wouldn't mind some stickers, shirts, TGT mall ninja gear, etc.

I would like to see some competition videos and TGT event videos are always fun.

Run it into the ground. Make it troll heaven, modify users posts and post counts, randomy kick members and call them communists, etc. Or use it for pure evil, like somehow using it to crash school busses full of puppies into blind children or something.

Yes.

Mods should be chosen by the forum owner. This is private industry, not a democracy.

Yep, from what I've seen.

facetnated

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2010
    Benbrook
    I like that it is primarily focused on the state in which I live--so CHL questions, TX laws, and similar topics have more relevance to me.
    I do feel that some threads degenerate--but that happens on all forums I've ever belonged to (yes! it is my fault!).
    Product giveaways! :)
    Have to think about that one....
    I can't think of anything. I've never tried to moderate anything like this.
    To the best of my knowledge/experience this site is run well.
    Since I don't post that much, I don't think I'd have much of an opinion about who moderates. I think it is a fairly thankless task (but thank you!).

I wasn't aware of it. I'll check it out this weekend. (YouTube is blocked at work)

Richard Jensen
    Benbrook, TX

Ric_Knight

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    San Marcos
    You guys are doing a great job. You guys are providing a valuable service and information source to the shooters of Texas. Keep up the good work.

Top Bottom