• ...and so much more!
  • ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    iMessage PreApproved by site Admin.

Myself and numerous other Law Enforcement/Emergency responders are participating in the 2013 Tower Climb. 62 stories by foot, benefiting the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. This is one time when the stairwell is open to the public for the charitable event. If willing, I would appreciate ANYONE who would be able to donate ANYTHING for this cause. there are no donation "levels," a quarter or dollar, it all works. This is my first event and one of the causes encouraging my pursuit of conditioning. I WILL complete the climb, I don't care how long it takes. To make it interesting, the Fire Fighter in the pic(Luis Valdez) made a side bet that the loser must change their profile pic with them holding a sign of certain subject matter for a week. It's a funcompetition for a great cause, one of many.
    If willing to donate(all donations made in your name), I'll come to you if necessary to accept it, if within the San Antonio area obviously. I'd greatly appreciate any and all support! Here is a direct link for donation if you're willing/able to help out:
    https://www.cff.org/Chapters/lonestar/EventDonation/?idEvent=22674&idUI=602538&idVolunteer=3625141
    Thank you everyone!
    Chad Mandry

this is also posted in the regional Texas section, placed here for exposure too.
    A proposal made by a forum member issuing a challenge to others here on page two of that thread, link below....

http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/...-cystic-fibrosis-fundraiser-2.html#post563837

Update 01-23-13
    After the event, I'm going to conduct a drawing from those of TGT who have donated, the winner will have the patch given to them. It may not be a lot, but it is just the least I could do for the generosity shown.

Update folks 01-27-13
    I got ya' Alex! Thanks buddy!

Update Folks:
    With cash donations I'm needing to deposit and make in name of generous parties, I'm just over $450! This is awesome, almost to the goal amount.

If you know anyone wanting to be a part of this, or willing to contribute, please pass this link along. It would mean a lot to me folks, as well as the foundation this benefits.

http://www.cff.org/LWC/dsp_donationPage.cfm?idEvent=22674&idUser=602538

Update 01-30-13
    Please see below link to post containing info for an auction, per say, where proceeds are being donated as a.courtesy of Jim. An amazing gesture.

http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/...-cystic-fibrosis-fundraiser-3.html#post577551
    Target Sports

Attachments

• IMG_20130115_123305.jpg
      IMG_20130115_123305.jpg
      83.2 KB · Views: 111
    Last edited:

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    ....and I'll restate it here for those what may have missed it....if he can raise $500 from members of this site, he'll wear a Texas Gun Talk logo/name on his clothes (sleeve or on chest). It's for a good cause, there'll be a ton of media around - what would be cooler than to see a GUN logo on the news?<G>

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    Anything benefits the cause! A dollar, or 10 and beyond, it'll spend for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation the same.
    Thanks Rsty! I plan to have my HD Hero GoPro on the day of the event strapped to me. I'm going to borrow a second one for another officer or fireman to wear.
    The logo will be on a custom Velcro patch I'm paying for that I'll have affixed to my sleeve of the tac shirt. It's not tiny....

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    Here's the shirt. They didn't have any more in black, so I had to get this green one. Probably going to be hell trying to dye it black, hope it goes well.

You can see the patch areas on the left and right sleeves. The patch will be approximately 4x7", come on guys!

Attachments

• IMAG0079_BURST001.jpg
      IMAG0079_BURST001.jpg
      27.7 KB · Views: 123
    • IMAG0078.jpg
      IMAG0078.jpg
      28.6 KB · Views: 86
    • IMAG0077.jpg
      IMAG0077.jpg
      29.6 KB · Views: 97
    • IMAG0076.jpg
      IMAG0076.jpg
      24.9 KB · Views: 110

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    After the event, I'm going to conduct a drawing from those of TGT who have donated, the winner will have the patch given to them. It may not be a lot, but it is just the least I could do for the generosity shown.

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    Thank you Skip for your generous donation! I just hit the $400 mark in donations for this event between TGT and a Jeep club I'm with.

Y'all are great...anyone wanna help further so I can hit that $500 mark? I'll do the climbing, you just click the button!

Chad Mandry

Don't forget, a winner will be selected from the list of TGT donors to receive the patch I'm having made and actually worn for this event......

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    It was good chatting with you today Chad and checked my schedule I am working that day but if you could give me more of an advanced notice next time I might be able to convince myself to get off my fat butt and participate lol. Bump for a great cause.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Not to rain on anyone's parade, but why does any public service agency promote a "single" cause not related to their core mission of -- stopping bad guys or fighting fires?

It irked me back in the day when the Army wanted us to contribute to CFC (which included Planned Parenthood).

It was different when they went looking for contributions for "Army Emergency Relief." In that case, we helped our own. As we did for the "Wounded Warrior Foundation."

Just had to ask the question.

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    Not to rain on anyone's parade, but why does any public service agency promote a "single" cause not related to their core mission of -- stopping bad guys or fighting fires?

It irked me back in the day when the Army wanted us to contribute to CFC (which included Planned Parenthood).

It was different when they went looking for contributions for "Army Emergency Relief." In that case, we helped our own. As we did for the "Wounded Warrior Foundation."

Just had to ask the question.

Shortround, I would appreciate if you would create your own thread to pose such question. As I've stated previously, this is only one of many events I participate in. I'm currently building a street/drag car to participate and compete in the Beat the Heat Program which involves law enforcement and Fire who promote racing at the strip promote anti street racing and other educational programs. I'm also active with the NRA and Researching their Eddie Eagle and firearm related courses for me to give back to the community. I donate blood every two months as an O- giver and participate in several food drives. I also donated several weeks of my time as Santa Claus for.a.local business in my jurisdiction for the benefit of local families. As well, I assisted in organizing a toy drive for a local Child Guidance center involving my own funds.

Helping people comes naturally in my heart, but I too have a family to feed and must earn a paycheck and spend.time with them.

Please don't make an assumption in the future, rather step back and think about it. This is something I'm doing right now, with more.to.come. never thought I'd have to post a resume to validate what I'm trying to do, but I hope I've satisfied your inquiry....

By the way, this isn't a single agency "picking" this event....this is a group of employees.in an agency making their own decision to make an.impact.

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    It was good chatting with you today Chad and checked my schedule I am working that day but if you could give me more of an advanced notice next time I might be able to convince myself to get off my fat butt and participate lol. Bump for a great cause.

Absolute pleasure seeing you again and.chatting buddy....thanks A LOT for your generous donation!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    setter1
    Top Bottom