• ...and so much more!
  • TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Not to rain on anyone's parade, but why does any public service agency promote a "single" cause not related to their core mission of -- stopping bad guys or fighting fires?

Y'know,stupid, assinine questions such as this is one of the primary reasons I have you on "ignore". I realize the reading comprehension ain't yer strong suite, but try going back an' reading, then tell me where does it say that this is the single cause that the agency is supporting....and while you're at it, tell me WHAT agency is supporting WHAT single cause.

It irked me back in the day when the Army wanted us to contribute to CFC (which included Planned Parenthood).

Shame it didn't happen before you were born.....

It was different when they went looking for contributions for "Army Emergency Relief." In that case, we helped our own. As we did for the "Wounded Warrior Foundation."
    Just had to ask the question.

Why?

How 'bout kindly STFU?

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    It has been a great couple days....a few folks have met with me personally to give a cash donation. I'll be making the donation shortly in their name to the website link so it can be reflected. I should be right about the $400 mark as previously stated. Should have a more accurate number soon....

Thank you everyone.....can you help push me to the $500?! This has been a great experience helping this organization.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    dont forget to put me int he drawing now!

and good luck - you're gonna need it big guy.

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    Lol Wolf, thanks buddy!
    You're in!

Folks, if y'all donate via the site, in the comment section, can you put something listing TGT please...I know most by forum name only, lol.....Well, except Sterling, can't forget someone that goofy looking, lol.

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    I got ya' Alex! Thanks buddy!

Update Folks:
    With cash donations I'm needing to deposit and make in name of generous parties, I'm just over $450! This is awesome, almost to the goal amount.

If you know anyone wanting to be a part of this, or willing to contribute, please pass this link along. It would mean a lot to me folks, as well as the foundation this benefits.

Cystic Fibrosis Foundation

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    I got ya' Alex! Thanks buddy!

Update Folks:
    With cash donations I'm needing to deposit and make in name of generous parties, I'm just over $450! This is awesome, almost to the goal amount.

If you know anyone wanting to be a part of this, or willing to contribute, please pass this link along. It would mean a lot to me folks, as well as the foundation this benefits.

Cystic Fibrosis Foundation

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    Thank you Robert!

WE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
    We broke the 500 goal! Even better, the donation page shows $397.77 donated online thus far, but, I have another $220.00 in cash to make in donations in friend's names.....We've broken $600!!!!!!!! The fire department as a whole, and placing coin jars everywhere, received about $1200. I'm absolutely floored that I was able to network myself and receive such an amount with your help and generosity. I'm stunned, I'll still be seeking donations where they can be received, but we hit the mark. I'm going to check on the patches today, this is going to be awesome!

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    HOLY COW GUYS!!!! BIG PROPS to Jim(JCRNTX) and all the forum members!

Guys, I wanted to bump this back up....I am absolutely overwhelmed at the response. With an initial goal of 500 listed, I am happy to say that after making my deposit of cash donations from friends, I've come to 664.77! ! ! ! !

BUT, there's more......with a member here who has started an ammo auction of some of his surplus. So far, it looks like another possible $300 will be donated!!!!!!!!

I'm am shocked, amazed, and beyond words at the pride of what we're doing for this foundation! Also, the Fire Department which I have the friendly rivalry with, has raised $1000 with 8 or so people working to collect it. With the help of my friends and family(which I do consider Jeep Nation and the members of TexasGunTalk), we may be able to beat them. I'm looking forward to the outcome, and surviving the climb.

I just had to say another HUGE thank YOU for everything we have accomplished together!

Chad

p.s.
    if you know anyone still willing to take part in the fundraising at ANY level, please share the link!

https://www.cff.org/Chapters/lonestar/EventDonation/?idEvent=22674&idUI=602538&idVolunteer=3625141

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    I
    About 12 hours out....my heat is at 730am.....can't wait.....well, I can, I really don't want it to come, Hahahaha...

You'll do great brother, it's like we'd say on humps (hikes) in the Corps one foot in front of the other, your mind will give up well before your body will. Can't wait to see the video you put together.

Top Bottom