Patriot Mobile

2013 TGT Secret Santa Discussion, DC, Receipt, Aftermath, and Banter Thread!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    You sure?

I know it's not you.

a6amagy8.jpg

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    What kid wouldn't want to ask for that stuff?

The angel trees in my area are different. The kids are asking for toys, coats, shoes etc...

My wife and I typically pick up 15 to 20 of the cards and we always send more than the kid asked for i.e. the kids who ask for coats or shoes are going to get them plus a cool toy.

Before I aged out of the JayCees I enjoyed "Shopping with Santa". No, we didn't dress up as Santa but we used the money we had raised through various fund raisers throughout the year to take under privileged kids christmas shopping.

It was a completely fulfilling experience that I got to enjoy year after year. Nothing at all will get you like a little dirty kid whose piece of shit parents sent him in with a list of what they wanted, buying instead gifts for his sister.

That kind of stuff stays with you. It makes you by proxy a better person.

I want to be a better person so I'm all in.

The slips here have a "need" and a "want" section on them, as in stuff the kids need (usually clothes, school supplies, shoes, food, etc) and then what they want (bike, toys, video games, expensive electronics, etc). This year all the slips had expensive electronics in the "need" and "want" sections.

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    I'm kinda diggin this Secret Santa deal. We need to do it again next year.

I'd also like to take it to another level.

I'd like to see participants next year choosing an angel tree item locally and giving an equal amount locally. Or donating an equal amount to their local food bank.

A whole lot of us are very blessed. I know I am. I'm just lucky to be alive and have a healthy family. I like to spread that around as much as I can and I know you guys would too.

Lets start thinking about what we're going to do next year to make an impact on each other and on our local community at the same time.

No offense but you're going with the assumption that none of us give already to charities or those who need it. I already give 3 months pay in gifts and donations every year at Christmas. It should be encouraged, but I don't think it should be a requirement for Secret Santa next year...let people choose to be charitable and who to donate to.

Sent from Kate Beckinsale's closet.

ArmyZach

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Joshua
    No offense but you're going with the assumption that none of us give already to charities or those who need it. I already give 3 months pay in gifts and donations every year at Christmas. It should be encouraged, but I don't think it should be a requirement for Secret Santa next year...let people choose to be charitable and who to donate to.

We could possibly do a raffle event for Christmas charity separate from the Secret Santa.

Sent from my AN/PRC-77 using Tapatalk.

RickLovesBacon

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Austin
    THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!! Santa Scott I'm giving you a giant hug at the next meet. I can't stop smiling.

Sent from the Bacon isle at your local grocery store.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1387335869556.jpg
      uploadfromtaptalk1387335869556.jpg
      65.4 KB · Views: 100

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    You're welcome Rick. It was great being Santa for you and SunuvaTXGUN. This was a lot of fun and Brownells made it easy! Plus a donation to the NRA. Merry Christmas guys!

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas

I want to address your comment personally. I never intended for my comment to come across that way. I am very aware that there are many here who 'give back' without prompting and I thank you very much for being one of those people. You have my utmost respect.

I was not trying to offend you in any way.

I have a real passion for charity work and I can not deny that that passion drives my thoughts sometimes.

Pretty much everything we (My wife and I) do charity wise is done anonymously because we're not interested in gaining credit.

I don't think that charity work should be a requirement next year for TGT secret Santa.

I'd just like to see more people getting involved in their local community.

That's all.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom