Target Sports

2013 TGT Secret Santa Discussion, DC, Receipt, Aftermath, and Banter Thread!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    LOL, the grips and stickers were there as a joke but I'm glad you like them.

I was definitely puzzled why you felt I needed 6 of them. And the SOGARMORY sticker, I wanted to crack a joke like "if I put it on my truck, does that mean it will be repeatedly broken into by gangs of thugs"? Thanks a lot Santa!

Sugar Land

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    Santa came by today.. Thank you thank you thank you.

pNMivMY.png

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Had such a long day at work yesterday. Then, because of weather and traffic, it took me over 2.5 hours to make it home. By the time I reached home I was in a terrible mood, until I found out Santa had visited! My Secret Santa was TXARGUY and here is the carnage:

<pics>

An AR builder's dream- 6 grips, sling mounts, LaRue RISR. Plus a CRKT Knife, Stickers, and nice card. Thanks so much Santa! I truly appreciate it, very generous.

Always that ONE kid ........ ;)

Definitely generous. Nice TXARSanta

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    Received my package today from Santa will post pictures later when my phone decides to cooperate.
    Thanks Zach, now to dig out a lower and put it together.

Edit: Pictures added
    unnamed (1).jpg unnamed.jpg

Last edited:

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I'm kinda diggin this Secret Santa deal. We need to do it again next year.

I'd also like to take it to another level.

I'd like to see participants next year choosing an angel tree item locally and giving an equal amount locally. Or donating an equal amount to their local food bank.

A whole lot of us are very blessed. I know I am. I'm just lucky to be alive and have a healthy family. I like to spread that around as much as I can and I know you guys would too.

Lets start thinking about what we're going to do next year to make an impact on each other and on our local community at the same time.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station

I'd like to see participants next year choosing an angel tree item locally and giving an equal amount locally. Or donating an equal amount to their local food bank.

A whole lot of us are very blessed. I know I am. I'm just lucky to be alive and have a healthy family. I like to spread that around as much as I can and I know you guys would too.

Lets start thinking about what we're going to do next year to make an impact on each other and on our local community at the same time.

I do the angel tree every year but I did not do it this year. Every kid on that tree "needed" a PS4, XB One, Ipad, $700 cell phone, etc. And I mean EVERY kid had that listed, even the <2 y/o that parents fill the cards out for.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands

i like this idea. And btw, your Santa has posted proof in this thread, so something is in the mail..... The plot thickens.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I do the angel tree every year but I did not do it this year. Every kid on that tree "needed" a PS4, XB One, Ipad, $700 cell phone, etc. And I mean EVERY kid had that listed, even the <2 y/o that parents fill the cards out for.

What kid wouldn't want to ask for that stuff?

The angel trees in my area are different. The kids are asking for toys, coats, shoes etc...

My wife and I typically pick up 15 to 20 of the cards and we always send more than the kid asked for i.e. the kids who ask for coats or shoes are going to get them plus a cool toy.

Before I aged out of the JayCees I enjoyed "Shopping with Santa". No, we didn't dress up as Santa but we used the money we had raised through various fund raisers throughout the year to take under privileged kids christmas shopping.

It was a completely fulfilling experience that I got to enjoy year after year. Nothing at all will get you like a little dirty kid whose piece of shit parents sent him in with a list of what they wanted, buying instead gifts for his sister.

That kind of stuff stays with you. It makes you by proxy a better person.

I want to be a better person so I'm all in.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom