• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    nothin u cant get in Austin :0, unless you wanna overpay over at stinky's booth.

Saw Greg n' Southpaw (not at same time) so you could say this show has that going for it, which is nice.

I didn't think it was too bad either. Maybe next time I will actually buy something, huh? ?? :)
    I wanted that spare AR pin and spring set, but I only brought enough for a few ammo boxes.

I looked around for a bit and enjoyed some time just window shopping. Funniest thing I seen was a brick of .22 that caught my eye. It was priced at $65, but you can tell that at one time the guy had it at $35 and just drew a 6 over the 3. :laughing:

Got to finally meet wakal too.

MikePotts

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Forgive this little rant.
    I drove down from Fredericksburg to attend the Saxet show last week-end to try to find a nice S&W model 60 (or whatever the 9mm version was called) or a Ruger Flattop Bisley (.44sp.) and was disappointed at the low rent location, the state of the parking lot, the narrowness of the aisles, the number of non gun related tables.
    After a quick walk around the whole show I needed some air and left as quickly as my Honda could carry me.
    I was a happy regular attendee at the old airport location but I won't be back at the present location anytime soon.

Rant Ends.

Runnin-N-Gunnin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2014
    I'll be goin on the first weekend of oct. Havnt gone in a while cuz it's a little pricey but none the less I'm lookin for ak 47 parts kit or ar 15 uppers or lowers not sure if this would be the place to find a "deal" on some or not any input on this would be helpful

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I'll be goin on the first weekend of oct. Havnt gone in a while cuz it's a little pricey but none the less I'm lookin for ak 47 parts kit or ar 15 uppers or lowers not sure if this would be the place to find a "deal" on some or not any input on this would be helpful

Parts kits? Personally, haven't seen many at any shows in SA, but I they don't tend to be on my personal radar when I do go to shows. Max will surely know more about who and where if in fact they are. AR uppers and lowers are in abundance though. Personally, the complete uppers I see for sale always see to be a bit pricey at our shows, but I am just going of sticker price and who knows if some vendors may be willing to haggle a bit. Lowers, you can generally find starting at $100 out the door. You may also want to contact Dreadnaught Industries whose owner is a member here (wakal). He comes highly recommended and usually has a table at Saxtet.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Forgive this little rant.
    I drove down from Fredericksburg to attend the Saxet show last week-end to try to find a nice S&W model 60 (or whatever the 9mm version was called) or a Ruger Flattop Bisley (.44sp.) and was disappointed at the low rent location, the state of the parking lot, the narrowness of the aisles, the number of non gun related tables.
    After a quick walk around the whole show I needed some air and left as quickly as my Honda could carry me.
    I was a happy regular attendee at the old airport location but I won't be back at the present location anytime soon.

Rant Ends.

As an alumni of the old airport shows as well, it was a shittier location and no loss when it was leveled.

That said, I am not a huge fan of the SA Event Center either. SAXET squeezes the aisles to allow for more vendors (and there are far too many non-firearms-related ones) and people bring strollers or electric wheelchairs and stop movement for an eternity. I also love how some have a pole in the middle of them and SAXET doesn't widen the aisle a mere six inches to compensate.

Parking is crap as well, and having to drive through the mud is annoying (even in a Jeep, I hate getting it dirty from driving in a parking lot).

But it's still only five bucks to get in and probably 600+ tables of firearms-related items, if that can't provide someone enough entertainment for two hours or more than they must be really bored with the hobby. Yes, Premier is a much better show; but folks didn't support a 1000+ table venue so they are relocating and downsizing. They couldn't go losing money on promoting shows, that's simply not how a business survives; and until they resurface in January of next year all we have is SAXET. For all its warts, it's still a decent gun show and not a bad way to spend a Saturday morning, especially when it starts off with breakfast with some good friends!

Cheers! M2

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Parts kits? Personally, haven't seen many at any shows in SA, but I they don't tend to be on my personal radar when I do go to shows. Max will surely know more about who and where if in fact they are.

There is one guy at SAXET who has a few higher-end AK kits, but they aren't common. You're better off finding one online and having it built locally unless you possess the skills and expertise to do it yourself.

AR uppers and lowers are in abundance though. Personally, the complete uppers I see for sale always see to be a bit pricey at our shows, but I am just going of sticker price and who knows if some vendors may be willing to haggle a bit. Lowers, you can generally find starting at $100 out the door. You may also want to contact Dreadnaught Industries whose owner is a member here (wakal). He comes highly recommended and usually has a table at Saxtet.

Agreed, there are tons of AR uppers and lowers but Alex is your best bet. He is located on the far left wall as you enter the event center, over near the vendor entrance. Highly recommend stopping by there and chatting with him, it's always a lot of fun doing so!

Cheers! M2

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    wounds? wth I guess i got some thread searching in store to find out what happened.

No thread, but here's the aftermath...

IMG_8839_zps1626c650.jpg

beenut

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    I went to Saxet today ,lots of primers $32 per k even some WST at $25 lots of rifle
    powder also.

Top Bottom