Hurley's Gold

2014 Secret Santa DISCUSSION, AFTERMATH, BANTER thread!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • texcross

Well-Known
    Admin
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2013
    Sanger, TX
    My package, shipped FEDEX from Amazon still stuck in the city where it's to be delivered, has been there for a week, will call tomorrow. Maybe they are afraid of this member :)

Will call and see what they say

texcross

Well-Known
    Admin
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2013
    Sanger, TX
    Got this!!!
    The best thing is, my wife being girly, thought it was a great gift. I was floored. She knows I needed a good knife. Already have a spot in the garage and the materials to test my skills or lack there of, Thanks scgstuff - nice....

photo 1.jpg

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Nice, when we were in Afghanistan my buddy ordered a set of throwing knives to play around with, we all sucked but by the end of the deployment he was almost ready to start performing live lol. He started spray painting little dots and hitting exactly where he wanted 99% of the time.

texcross

Well-Known
    Admin
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2013
    Sanger, TX
    I have a pair of those gloves you use when say using a mandolin, steel mesh so you want cut yourself, she is making me wear those my first few attempts LOL

Nice, when we were in Afghanistan my buddy ordered a set of throwing knives to play around with, we all sucked but by the end of the deployment he was almost ready to start performing live lol. He started spray painting little dots and hitting exactly where he wanted 99% of the time.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Wow aside from what's pictured (which truly is more than enough to be a great gift) he also made a generous donation to the PTSD foundation. I am humbled sir, you brought a big smile to my face and thank you very much. You the man Scott!

ec934ddca5914f096b1046da948da394.jpg

You sir, are most welcome. Package 2 should hopefully arrive today if Bud's didn't cancel my order again.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Received package number 2 from Ben. I came home too tipsy from red wine to snap pics, etc. damn holiday parties. Ben you are way too kind sir!!! Pics to follow, hopefully this evening. In typical Ben fashion, he has outdone himself. He got 2 different Sinclair adapters for shooting from a benchrest. One for a rifle forearm, the other is picatinny for AR platforms.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands

Great story!!! Wish I would have included a set of those in the care package for my cousin stationed in Korea. Sent him enough cigars for him and his 150 closest friends. Lol. I've done this the last few years on a few cigar forums I visit and get a kick out of the response.

PhulesAu

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 26, 2013
    Texas, Mostly
    Could we get the folks who were in a unit, or have family in service toss the units name in a hat? Then we could randomly Santa bomb them?

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Received package number 2...
    I'm hoping you have a proper rest and bags. If not, remind me and I'll bring them to Gatesville next time.

Most shooters have no idea how much easier it is to get good groups with proper bench equipment. A pile of sandbags or a rifle rested over a backpack from prone are examples of improvisation and can work fairly well but real testing is much easier with proper equipment.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Just as an FYI for anybody waiting on something via FEDEX.
    I had a package scheduled for Wednesday (yesterday) delivery, & NO location update between Sunday
    & last night, now shows scheduled for Friday (tomorrow) delivery.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Tis the season Daryl. Merry Christmas and thank you for making me aware of the PTSDUSA folks. Doesn't shock me at all that you give your time to such an awesome organization.

jparks54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Fruitvale
    CRAP i cant believe i missed it this year. i enjoyed it so much last year, guess ill have to pay better attention next year.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    My package, shipped FEDEX from Amazon still stuck in the city where it's to be delivered, has been there for a week, will call tomorrow. Maybe they are afraid of this member :)

Will call and see what they say
    You should name them, as a public service of course.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Coriolis308
    Top Bottom