• ...and so much more!
  • Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I mean we can't do it at the range we go to. Is there somewhere we can do it?

The Planning Committee has been looking for a place where we can do that but nothing has come up. Private land would be great.

The original range (where the video was taken) allowed 50 BMG, 338 Lapua, etc. and let us do that. Their upkeep was lacking and promised improvements never happened though.

TSSR is nice but lacking in the freedom we desire for the Meets.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    The Planning Committee has been looking for a place where we can do that but nothing has come up. Private land would be great.

The original range (where the video was taken) allowed 50 BMG, 338 Lapua, etc. and let us do that. Their upkeep was lacking and promised improvements never happened though.

TSSR is nice but lacking in the freedom we desire for the Meets.
    And, that range stoped letting us blow up cars.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    And, that range shut down their 600 yard targets.
    And, that range had a LOT of safety issues.
    The decision to move the meet wasn't taken lightly.

I seriously hope other options open up, but TSSR is a very nice range and have been extremely accommodating.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    And, that range shut down their 600 yard targets.
    And, that range had a LOT of safety issues.
    The decision to move the meet wasn't taken lightly.

I seriously hope other options open up, but TSSR is a very nice range and have been extremely accommodating.
    True. For 20 to 60 people, they have the setup and location.

Inspector43

Everything I Own Is Paid For
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2017
    Colorado County, Texas
    I’ve got it marked on my calendar as well. I’m planning to make the trip down and do a little shooting. However, no competition for me - after cataract surgery (both eyes) and cornea lens replacement (left eye), I tend to limit myself to pistol distances (no long range rifle competition).
    How soon after the surgery can you shoot without impact causing issues with your eyes? There is a lot of jolt from firing that we tend to ignore.

My wife is getting that surgery Thursday. The doctor told her not to bend over or lift for several days. The nurse didn't understand when I suggested that she clean the house beforehand.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    How soon after the surgery can you shoot without impact causing issues with your eyes?
    Probably best to ask her doctor. I would guess for the cataract surgery at least two or three months just to be safe. I would think if you took the “no picking up heavy stuff” and doubled that time, she’d probably be okay. But again, might want to see what her doctor would say.

If you were asking about the cornea transplant, most definitely ask the doctor. Too many variables for me to even hazard a guess. I’m going on year two with mine and feel like I could shoot a long rifle now (planning to shoot my Garand and shotguns this summer). But the transplant was a different animal than the relatively straight forward cataract surgery.

Inspector43

Everything I Own Is Paid For
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2017
    Colorado County, Texas
    Probably best to ask her doctor. I would guess for the cataract surgery at least two or three months just to be safe. I would think if you took the “no picking up heavy stuff” and doubled that time, she’d probably be okay. But again, might want to see what her doctor would say.

If you were asking about the cornea transplant, most definitely ask the doctor. Too many variables for me to even hazard a guess. I’m going on year two with mine and feel like I could shoot a long rifle now (planning to shoot my Garand and shotguns this summer). But the transplant was a different animal than the relatively straight forward cataract surgery.
    Thanks for the input. My wife is a shooter and has a Texas CHL. I don't want her to shoot too soon and cause any damage. I'll ask the doctor as you suggested. My eye doctor told me to get a shotgun rather than a scope.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    What was the thing I read in my youth? If you're close enough to hear a gun shot from the neighbor, you're too close? I wish.

Top Bottom