• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    This is our first year of many to make a difference in the board and eventually the day-to-day leadership of the NRA. There are many who wanted nothing to do with the NRA much less vote as long as Wayne LaPierre was Executive VP-CEO. He's gone. No excuse now about voting.

Elsewhere on this forum I posted a discussion about 'bullet voting' and efforts by outside candidates to get on the board. You can make a difference as about 3% of eligible voters made the effort in 2023.

Besides the board this year's election has a change in the by-laws by creating a Chief Compliance Officer. The board will appoint this officer along with Executive VP (WLP's replacement), Secretary and Treasurer as per current by-laws. To quote the ballot, "The Chief Compliance Officer will be responsible for developing and enforcing policies and procedure and educating staff on them to ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations." Someone long overdue in the NRA offices.

I also got a call back from the NRA Convention staff for the May 2024 Dallas event. At the annual meeting one board member can be elected. Voting is usually on Sat noon of the convention which is might be 5/18/2024. More news and confirmation later. Save the date.
    Target Sports

Attachments

• 1708469733597-9f8b89e1-fee1-45aa-9f4c-562474b27cd6.jpg
      1708469733597-9f8b89e1-fee1-45aa-9f4c-562474b27cd6.jpg
      426.6 KB · Views: 27
    • 1708466189647-4cf24863-de7c-4db5-bc8b-3320a3cb5c70.jpg
      1708466189647-4cf24863-de7c-4db5-bc8b-3320a3cb5c70.jpg
      162.5 KB · Views: 28

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

Doug, Thanks. . . . .

This got my attention;: “May 2024 Dallas event. At the annual meeting one board member can be elected. Voting is usually on Sat Noon of the convention”

We’re in ‘South Texas for a Family funeral, so haven’t seen my mail lately.

leVieux

<>

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    Article sent to me. (email)

Proposal to amend the NRA bylaws.
    Shall the NRA bylaws be amended?

jstaylor62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2024
    Moore, OK
    If you are an eligible voter, please vote for the reform candidates. We can only change the NRA from within. If we select even a small number of board members committed to reform every year, we can finally break the Cult of WLP's stranglehold over OUR NRA!

I see five reform candidates:
    Phillip Journey
    Dennis Fusaro
    Rocky Marshall
    Jeff Knox
    Buzz Mills

Last edited:

GaryS

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 4, 2016
    Hiding among the Hippos
    I'll look at their information in the magazine. I try not to vote for incumbents or even those recommended by the board. My one exception is Jim Wallace from Massachusetts. He's the executive director of the Gun Owners Action League up there and I met him several times before we moved. He's a tireless advocate for gun owners and the Second Amendment. If you consider how anti 2A the government is up there, it's amazing that he gets as much accomplished as he does.

If you are an eligible voter, please vote for the reform candidates. We can only change the NRA from within. If we select even a small number of board members committed to reform every year, we can finally break the Cult of WLP's stranglehold over OUR NRA!

Phillip Journey
    Dennis Fusaro
    Rocky Marshall
    Jeff Knox
    Buzz Mills

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW

angel71rs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2009
    El Paso
    Article sent to me. (email)

Proposal to amend the NRA bylaws.
    Shall the NRA bylaws be amended?
    Had the hardest time convincing one of my friends to vote, kept saying it was rigged. This article helped me convince him to change his mind, thanks!

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX

Phillip Journey
    Dennis Fusaro
    Rocky Marshall
    Jeff Knox
    Buzz Mills
    If these guys are committed to increasing and expanding youth and adult training and sponsorships they got my vote.

Iowashooter

Bitter Clinger
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2024
    Iowa

Phillip Journey
    Dennis Fusaro
    Rocky Marshall
    Jeff Knox
    Buzz Mills
    Done!

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    The nra has none nothing but waste the funds of its members for many years. There are other organizations much more worthy of support from gunowners.

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    The nra has none nothing but waste the funds of its members for many years. There are other organizations much more worthy of support from gunowners.

I agree GOA and FPC and others are great and I give them monetary support as well but NRA is the only group which provides grants and other funding to youth programs and adult programs which many of us in our industry heavily rely on although not as much but something is something.

Top Bottom