• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sticks

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2014
    Hill Country
    Neckbeards and resellers can kiss my a**. My wmart has been getting pretty regular shipments. I bought a box today. Did see a guy in front of me that was buying all he could, looked familiar like I have seen him behind a table at the gun show or somewhere.
    ARJ Defense ad

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    I've said this before, and been wrong, but I do believe the market is shifting back to somewhat available supply. The neckbeards can choke on their inventory. I've had confrontations with them before, wanting to buy me out to resell at much higher prices.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I have no idea what the level of production is at ammunition manufacturing plants BUT I hope they are at maximum and getting as much 22lr out as possible.

Does anyone know if ATk or Winchester have installed more machines for 22lr especially after the moves and acquisitions?

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    At this point, I think the shortage is a manufactured one, based upon hysteria generated by the ones creating the manufactured shortage.
    The bubble will burst, but the perps will have already made their booty by that point and won't be hurt but by a couple hundred bucks, I suspect..

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Note to O.P.

No one can buy "all they could" beyond the limits already put in place for the past two years.

What you saw was a fellow who got there before you, he bought his one, two, or three box limit, and you were stuck with one box.

Don't blame him. You should have beat him to the counter, especially if he is a "Neck Beard."

Beat those suckers at their own game!

I do it all the time (it is my new hobby). They grumble, but still have the decency not to run over me on the way to the ammo shelf.

Be well.

sticks

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2014
    Hill Country
    Note to O.P.

No one can buy "all they could" beyond the limits already put in place for the past two years.

What you saw was a fellow who got there before you, he bought his one, two, or three box limit, and you were stuck with one box.

Don't blame him. You should have beat him to the counter, especially if he is a "Neck Beard."

Beat those suckers at their own game!

I do it all the time (it is my new hobby). They grumble, but still have the decency not to run over me on the way to the ammo shelf.

Be well.

making a few assumptions,, I was actually there first. Sales lady looked at both of us. I was polite and let him go ahead, he got his limit. I chose not to. Got one box and left some.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    making a few assumptions,, I was actually there first. Sales lady looked at both of us. I was polite and let him go ahead, he got his limit. I chose not to. Got one box and left some.

In your original post, you stated:

"Did see a guy in front of me that was buying all he could, looked familiar like I have seen him behind a table at the gun show or somewhere".

Looks like you have a problem with recollection.

Either, or, don't bother me none, just get there first!

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I just want to shoot.
    I never needed an extra middle man before.
    Don't need one now.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I hope those flipper choke on the ammo they worked so hard for.

Sometimes I think if we just quit talking about .22 availability these ass-hats will go back to dumpster diving.

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    I got lucky a few times and got to the ammo display when they were stocking it. That allowed me to build a good stash so I don't have to buy from a neckbeard. Just got lucky that's all.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    If there is plenty of ammo for consumers, I shouldn't have beat anyone to the counter.
    That kind of "shopping" is reserved for the day after Thanksgiving.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    .22 is coming back. Be patient.

Its still neckbeard central in my area. The very same jerks are at Wal-Mart EVERY morning.
    The other morning I was pretty rude to one of them getting on his case about leaving some ammo for those of us who actually go shooting.
    This turd is literally a neckbeard. I know that cheapskate isn't firing a single round.
    He is scarfing up every last bulk pack he can find. Him and his little band of pirates haunt the Wal-Mart stores in a 20 mile radius.

Rebel

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    Don't recall if I've told this story here or not.

In 2012 my dad and I went to a big gun show in Nevada. One of the purposes was to pick up some .22lr. Saw many dealers with .22lr, things looked good. The show organizers allowed the dealers an hour to cruise the show on their own before allowing the unwashed masses in. The dealers cleaned each other out of .22lr before the gate even opened.

If there is plenty of ammo for consumers, I shouldn't have beat anyone to the counter.
    That kind of "shopping" is reserved for the day after Thanksgiving.

Nailed it on the head.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Last I'd heard, the economics weren't worth it.

Wow. That's a tough one after so many new firearm owners there are and the current shortage that is never ending I for one would like to see their charts on this.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Wow. That's a tough one after so many new firearm owners there are and the current shortage that is never ending I for one would like to see their charts on this.

Basically, capital costs are high and the machines can't be retooled for other calibers like the centerfire assembly process they have.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    People want to blame the resellers, but in all fairness the people that go out there and buy 1000s of rounds of .22 to stockpile are just as bad if not worse.

Between the two, people that actually shoot up the .22 are left with not much.

I talked to a guy a month ago that owned a bolt action .22 rifle, but had just bought 3000 rounds of .22 and was hot to buy more ...

Top Bottom